New to App,

Hello, my name is Laney, I have lost my best friend/soulmate, I just don’t want to be alive anymore, my family live abroad, just split with partner, don’t have anyone to talk to, I miss her so so much, it hurts

2 Likes

Hello @Laney2,

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I’m hearing how painful this is all feeling and I want you to know that you’re not alone. There’s always someone out there to help you through this.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts when they are grieving. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

• You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You might want to chat to @Flinders. They recently posted this thread and have lost their best friend too:

Take good care,
Seaneen

2 Likes

Hi laney. Im so sorry for your loss. My husband passed away in August last year. We were so different with music and food tastes but soul mates underneath. If one more person tells me to give it time, I might scream. We all understand here so keep posting and hopefully it may bring a little comfort.

1 Like

I have recently lost my best friend too , I really do understand how much pain you are feeling because I feel it too . Please don’t think about ending your life , reach out and you will find others , like me , who are feeling the same pain as you , I know that you loved your friend with all your heart , I loved mine too and always will .
I am here for you if you ever want to talk x

2 Likes