New to loss

My first time here, hello.

I suffered very few losses until recent years, I lost my cat who was older than me just 4 years ago and I’m just starting to understand that means I will never pet her again.

Just 3 months ago my grandmother passed away and I am filled with numbness and anger. She lived with me for most of my life. She was rude and sour and generous and kind and difficult to get on with and I cared for her alone often times.

Another of my pets passed just yesterday and I have a terminally ill pet rabbit.

I am in a whirlwind of anger and frustration and I don’t know where to put it. So here it is, just a little bit.

Any advice for coping, for expressing or understanding death would be appreciated. I hope you are all doing well. I hope you have a manageable new year.

1 Like

hi, Im new to loss too.
I didn’t have any losses until recent years, also my grandparents, and I kind of get how u’re feeling.

honestly, the only advice I can give you (from my experience) is talking about it with ur closest friends or family, and if u don’t feel like it, u can write it down, that’s what’s been helping me.

im also thinking of going to a thanatologist, maybe u could also consider it.