New to site

You make me smile Jobar. You have a wonderful way with words. Thank you. My head is now so big, I’ve just got it wedged in the conservatory doorway. :joy:
Yes, the tee shirt is most ‘unenviable’. Unfortunately, there are many of us wearing it and too many of you currently earning it. Take care my lovely :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Hi. Just come across a photo of John from the back, he’s walking up a lane in front of one of my daughters holding on to a grandaughters hand, he’s looking very smart in his suit and her in her lovely flower girl dress. This was after a wedding last october. But it was seeing his lovely squashy looking old ears, how could i have forgotten them ! Had a little cry to start with but now cant stop smiling thinking about them, silly i know. But have put it on my phone as a little treat for when i turn it on. x

3 Likes

Oh how lovely, sometimes I can look at photos and other times I can’t, did think of putting Tim on my phone screen, but it’ll probably set me off constantly. Glad it’s making you smile x

2 Likes

I have Mick in my phone screen with a big smile it’s hard when I open my phone but beautiful I suppose we grieve in different ways I spent days in my loft getting old photos out putting then in albums x I got so upset and had to stop xx

2 Likes

That was lovely reading this, it gives you hope there will be a time in the future when this terrible heartbreak will heal. I also love your description of you husband’s face. That’s exactly how I feel when I see Rick, he was my gorgeous husband and I give his photos a wee kiss. He was so full of life & fun I can’t understand how that can just go. XxX

3 Likes

All our lovely men. So loved :heart: . So full of life and with so much living still to do. How can we not feel robbed?:broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

6 Likes

Hi. It’s the memories I am frightened I forget. I have spent hours trawling through phots trying to piece together a diary of the last 11years. Where we went , concerts, weekends etc. I panic I might have forgotten something. It might sound strange but I feel compelled to do this. Maybe somebody else has done it I don’t know???

My sister said I should put all the photographs on the wall and around away as “it’s upsetting you”. I don’t want to put them away I want to look at our wedding picture of only 3yrs and cry or smile depending on whether it’s a good day or a bad one.

I have spent days sorting our old photos from when we met 35 years ago buying albums to put them in. I have photos around my house yes it’s upsetting but need to see him do what is right for you xx

1 Like

I have got photos on the wall, I can stare at them for ages but on a very low day , I can’t look at them,
It’s pathetic x

1 Like

Not pathetic at all I go to use my phone and Micks on there smiling at me I get angry and ask him why then close the phone xx

1 Like

Hi Kim. Yep I have Bill staring at me when I open my phone as well. Sometimes nice and I kiss him and sometimes I can’t look at him. Going to make an album too.

1 Like

I’ve been in this position twice in ten years losing both husbands to cancer, caring for them both until the end. I was with them both when they dies. My second husband was an old friend of both of us who moved away and lost his wife . We always kept in contact all being friends since teenagers. I never thought I would ever find or want love again, but We were so very happy. My second husband had a battle with cancer of the oesophagi she which he seemed to be getting over very well until his hip ached and after a while we were told cells had gone to his hip muscle then started eating into his bone. I lost him last November and I miss him so very much. We were together nearly 8 years and decided to get married nearly 3 years ago, never imagining what was round the corner. I was married 46 years to my first husband. I feel cheated losing my wonderful husband, I know it sounds selfish but we got on so well and we’re true friends. I joined some groups and a short mat bowls group all of which were really helping, but this awful virus has set me back. I do have good family and friends who keep in touch and our dog to take walkies. I know it will get easier in time, but it really is a rollercoaster of emotions. Some days much better than others. I try to keep occupied, enjoy what you can when you can, including tasty treats.