New to the community

50 year old man. Living alone, bereaved and still grieving. Find it hard to be motivated. Haven’t got many friends, never had children and spend a lot of time thinking about my wife. The only thing that seems to help is spending time with a neighbors dog, while they are at work

2 Likes

It is very hard to motivate myself to do anything. Went for a walk today but the tears kept coming. Hope you can find something to do when you are ready.

Yes the tears don’t seem to stop. I go for walks too and visit the local community center where they do reasonable meals. But I feel empty all the time.
I am hoping the sunshine will help but I doubt it

1 Like

Dear @MartinD

Welcome to the Community. How are you feeling today? What you are going through is normal and part of the grieving process. Grief has no time limits.

I am glad you have reached out here and connected with members. Have you had a look under the topic Losing a Partner to connect to more members who have experienced what you are going through.

On our website here you will find bereavement support and information pages which you may find of help to you.

Have you considered book an appointment with your GP for support and counselling and to see if there are Bereavement groups in your area that you could join?

Have you also considered getting a pet of your own? They are good company and you can chat away to them and they are very loyal.

Please continue to reach out and take care.

Pepsi