New

Hello new to this group, never ever thought I would be here, I suddenly lost my daughter aged 32 8 weeks ago, leaving us devastated :cry: I don’t know how I’m feeling it changes constantly, my head is full of questions. She has a beautiful daughter who is 2 next month, she had a undiagnosed heart condition.we will all now be tested for the faulty gene, im feeling terrified for my grandaughter & son. I’m feeling completely lost without her, can’t believe she is gone, she just can’t be !! Im worried about work, should I be going back ? Every day is a struggle to get through, just want to sleep to forget & stop the physical as well as emotional pain.

3 Likes

@Trace32 I honestly carnt even begin to think what your going through, sorry just isn’t enough. Try to take one day at a time I lost my beloved Mam 7 weeks ago, I was her full time carer aswell so absolutely lost. My heart is broken, I miss her so much the pain is unbearable :broken_heart:
I listen to podcasts that feature the grief counsellor julia samuel . She is wonderful and really helps you understand your feelings, maybe try listening. My life will never be the same life now, same as you we just now have to make a different life without our loved ones but omg it’s hard isn’t it :cry:

Hi Jane I completely understand your loss, losing parents is unbelievable painful I lost my mum 16yts ago & my dad 3 yrs ago, he was my rock, always made any upset bearable I miss them still every day , never far from my thoughts, it was very hard to lose him, as time go on I know the pain eased and life becomes a little different, he would be my go to person now :broken_heart: the pain & sadness now is nothing I could ever imagine.
Stay strong Jane hopefully as time pass your loss will become easier

Hi Trace welcome to this lovely group I joined a fewdays ago I lost my daughter in January to liver cancer but it was breast cancer that was the start of it all she also left a little boy of 3 I’m so distraught my emotions are allover the place and you will have every emotion going and day to day chores are a struggle and the pain inside your heart bis horrendous just keep posting on here believe me thses people care so caring and hopefully you might find a little bit of comfort. Shellyanne XX

1 Like

Hi Trace32,
I’m so sorry for the loss of your daughter. It’s such a hard time for you…made even more worrying now that you all need to be tested for the faulty gene.
I lost my 38 year old son Andrew on 20th March this year. He lived very close to me so we saw an awful lot of each other. We went detecting together every weekend. He wasn’t married and had no children…just his much loved dog Ash.
I found him in his bed when I went round to pick him up for our days detecting…I thought he’d just over slept but he’d stopped breathing in his sleep.
It’s devastating isn’t it…you never imagine that you’ll lose a child. It’s the wrong way round and so very hard to accept.
As for work…well, I am still off on sick leave and doubt if I’ll ever go back. I’m already getting my state pension and my partner still works. I’m sure we’ll manage.
I see you live in Norfolk…we do too.
Me and Andrew used to drive along to go detecting and always said how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful place. Now as I drive along it just makes me cry.
There are 2 threads on this site that many of us chat on and support each other
Loss of our son aged 27…and…
I lost my son 5 weeks ago.
You’ll get such a lot of support from everyone…it’s really helped me speaking to others who know exactly what you’re going through.
Good luck with your tests…hope everything comes back ok.
Love and hugs…Sue xxxx

2 Likes

Thank you Jane
Where do I find the pod cast please, never listened to one before xx

Thank you suedav
Will keep checking in, I’m so sorry for your loss, I also had daily contact, in person or phone, always lots of face time & videos of what my daughter & grandaughter had been upto, still keep my phone close wishing for a message :heart: so silly ! Xx

4 Likes

Thank you shellyanne
I feel for you :broken_heart: it’s bitter sweet having a grandchild, I love her dearly she is amazing breaks my heart all the things her mum & herself will miss out on, shes in safe hands her daddy is amazing.x

3 Likes

Yes that’s true hes a gorgeous little man and it breaks my :heartbeat: he’s lost his mum she was completely devoted to him I miss her terribly and I struggle every day but I’m trying so hard to plod on. Keep posting trace it’s helpful on here xx

4 Likes

Dear Trace, so sorry for the loss of your beloved daughter. My daughter passed away in March. This is a group you would never want to join, but the love and support offered is wonderful, as everyone here knows what you are going through, the crazy jumble of thoughts and emotions that no one who hasn’t lost a child can really understand. It is a new, unwanted, unreal world we are in now. We have to cope with it in our own way, and do what is right for US, not what anyone else thinks we should be doing. Go back to work only if it is right for you. Only you can tell.
I agree with Sue’s suggestions of threads to read and post on. This is a site full of genuine loving caring people who will try to support you. Keep on sharing, someone will always get back to you.
Much love, Ann :heart:

2 Likes

@Trace32 I listen to the podcasts on spotify, think u can get them on other music apps aswell. Take care always here :heart:

Hi Trace - so sorry to hear about your loss. It’s incredibly cruel and painful to lose a daughter. It happened to me in January. There are any clever answers, or any ways round the grief. It hurts, probably the most painful experience of my life. This website is a true gem, you will find support and understanding here. It’s propped me up many a time in the last months. I would also recommend Compassionate Friends. They will send you masses of literature and they are very supportive. I’m still waiting for counselling and without this place and Compaasionate Friends I would be in a darker place. I wish you and your family all the best as you go through this life changing experience. You aren’t alone, we are all with you in here. Keep posting its a help in a time when you need it. Sending hugs xxxx

4 Likes

Hi Tracey so sorry for the loss of your daughter it’s the most painful time in our lives when you loose a child I know what you are going through I lost my youngest daughter in January this year she was 25 and had breast and liver cancer. I’m so devastated and I’m totally heartbroken but there’s not much anyone can say to make you feel better at the moment but the support on here is brilliant I hope you can find a little bit of comfort take care. Shellyanne XX :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes