Newly widowed

Hello, I am feeling lost after losing my husband on Christmas Eve, the shock will not fade and I am feeling ill with anxiety.

6 Likes

Hi Janey , I lost my husband in October. I remember the feelings immediately following my lovely man’s death. I can’t lie I am still in a fugue of misery & despair. But in the immediate aftermath, I can only compare it to being in shock. I hope you have family & friends around you, just one step at a time. X

1 Like

Thanks for your lovely reply. We have a 14 year old daughter together, so I am having to be strong. In Richard’s memory I will do right by her. X

so sorry for your loss i lost my husband in november and am still feeling lost and hurt so know how you feel we had been together for 56 years and would have been married for 54 years next month
just keep concentrating on your 14 year old daughter and yourself who i should think needs as much comfort as you do and together can keep each other strong

just take one day at a time take care

pat

1 Like

Hi Janey, I lost my lovely husband in November and have a daughter of 13 and son of 19. We are lost too as he was our world. I take comfort from our children and feel blessed to have them. The loss is beyond anything you can cope with, I talk to my husband all the time. I also walk a lot as this helps a great deal. Hug your daughter and talk. Xxx

1 Like

Thank you so much :two_hearts:

So kind of you to offer word’s of comfort.

Hi Janey, I lost my husband Alan suddenly in September. We’d been happily married 37 years and almost 40 years together. I think initially you feel numb as it’s such a shock. I have 2 adult sons and a daughter. Our daughter is getting married in May which will be a bittersweet occasion. My husband would have been such a proud father of the bride. Thinking of you and all the bereaved people on the forum going through this horrible journey x

3 Likes

i think its those special times that will be the hardest for you and your daughter
hope everthing goes as well as possible for you both

take care
Pat

I lost my husband suddenly in the 8th December I have 3 boys 17 13 and 8 funeral not until the 6th Jan feels not real why???

1 Like

Janey Lee so sorry for you no words can help at the moment very early days for you just hang in there and do whatever helps get you through a day at a time. I’m afraid theres no magic wand to wave to help . I know it’s the worst thing ever and you have a long journey in front of you but with a little hope and prayer you will find a way through this when it’s your time. Hope you find writing and reading on here helps a bit ,you are never alone we are all in the same place . Xxx take care of yourself

2 Likes

sorry for your loss loosing someone specialy if they died suddenly always does feel unreal we all go through it at the beginning its that at first you just that you cant believe they have gone and also waiting for funeral till after christmas and new year makes it harder
i lost my husband on the 18th november and even though he had been ill for some time it doesnt make it any easier im sure your boys will help you along and help to give each other stregnth while you all grieve together its just taking one day at a time and baby steps
take care of each other and give each other lots of hugs
pat

1 Like

I can’t cope with the thought of his funeral now just 2 days away how can I take my boys in church to say goodbye x

1 Like

Hi Liz
it will be hard on the day its a day we all dread having to go through my husbands funeral was 3 weeks ago dont be afraid to cry through the funeral i cried all the way through it have your boys either side of you so you can all cuddle up together thats what my daughters did and we all cried together and at the grave side the priest i had was lovely too after the buriel he came and spoke to us all to give us some comfort theres no easy way way through it but you will find a way
will be thinking of you on the day look after yourself and the boys just lean on each other and comfort each other

patxxxx

2 Likes

Hi liz,

I’m sorry to hear about your loss, I’m riddled with the feeling of grief and despair since my soul mate got knocked down and taken away from me on the 27th of November, she was only 33.

Rachel’s funeral was on the 17th of december and somehow I got through it. The day was a blur but it will come and go then you’ll see most people go back to their lives and youll be stuck feeling the exact same as you have had since the 8th of December. I found the day after the funeral harder than the funeral itself.

I wish I could give you words of wisdom but I cant. Just take each day as it comes and only do what you want to do.

2 Likes

Hello Janeylee,

I am so sorry for your loss.
I lost my husband 4 weeks ago today so I too am in the early stages of grief and shock.
I understand how hard it is to try to protect a child from your own grief; you try to cope with theirs whilst struggling with your own.
I hope you will be able to find ways to help each other. My son and I have found it easier to talk while out for a walk, sometimes late at night and just ‘round the block’ but it seems to help.
With much love and kindness,
Kath x

2 Likes

so sorry for your very sad loss so young too i really do feel for you i losy my husband on the 18th of november and his funeral was on the 13th dec he was 71 we would have been married 54 years next month

i agree there is no words of wisdom or a magic wand for getting through the day of a funeral luckily enough for me i went back to my daughters that helped a bit but still had to come back to an empty house next day
yes unfortunatly other people will go back to living their lives again and you are still there wondering what next just taking and living one day at a time

take care
pat

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m dreading it’s been so long since he left us people will just get back to normal and I know I will be so angry I shouldn’t but how can I go on without him! I have my boys who I know I need to be there for but can’t see how right now!

2 Likes

Hi Liz
being angry is another of the grieving hurdles you have get through its all apart of grieving
you will find you wll get angry and upset if you drop something,spill something or even at people sometimes but its normal the boys will help you im sure and they probably feel the same and they will be there for you as well as you for them they will understand and together you will get there but dont expect too much of yourself yet just do what you feel is right for youand take things slowly just live one day at a time with your boys by your side
take care

patxx

3 Likes

Hi LIz

hope everything goes as well as it can today for you my thoughts are with you and the boys

take care
pat

3 Likes