Night night daddy

My dear dad passed away peacefully in his sleep.after a long drawn out battle with copd.
As a child and young teenager dad was my only parent.
I’m newly bereaved,and only yesterday I was sitting in the funeral directors office making final arrangements.
I have two children with both have additional needs and I am now feeling so guilty that perhaps I could have helped dad more…
The worst thing is I wasn’t by dads side when he died our last meeting together was uncomfortable and awkward…
Little did I know what would happen exactly a week later…
I’m in emotional pain :cry: :sob: and my relationship with my mum is difficult and complicated :pensive:
I just wanted to say hello

Hello Emsie,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is your GP who can refer you to counselling or support services in your local area.

Take care,

Michelle

Online Community team

Thankyou.
Atm I’m in survival mode
Funeral is on Friday
Its just so horrible xx

1 Like

Thankyouxxx

1 Like