No "Happy Birthday" without you

Today is my birthday. I lit a candle on a cupcake, blew it out and told my little sister how much I miss her, and thanked her for all the birthdays she made so special for me over the years. This is my 4th birthday without her and although friends kindly sent gifts & cards, the only gift I want is to have my Sister back. I want time to stop, because each birthday signifies another year without my beloved little Sister. She was my best friend, soul mate & human diary. We always celebrated our birthdays together. I recently found a playbill from a show we attended the year she was diagnosed with cancer. She was doing well, and we had hope. Less than a year later she was suddenly gone. That reminder had me shaking in sobs, until I could not catch my breath. My Sister, my precious one, I love and miss you more & more each day, and still ask why. To all who are grieving a sibling, my heart goes out to you. Xxx Sad Sister2

6 Likes

Dear Fellow Grievers, In the 3 years I have been posting on this site, this is the first time I did not receive even one response. It was a very painful and difficult birthday, as they all are now, thus only a few kind words would have helped. This is such a lonely journey. Xxx

2 Likes

@Sister2 hi sister I’m sorry you didn’t get any responses. I have only just seen your post. I tend to focus on the losing a partner. I am also so very sorry you lost your sister. I know the pain of loss, but not of losing a sibling. It sounds like you guys were very close and had a great relationship. Your sisters love is always with you and she is a part of you and always will be. Take care sending hugs x

2 Likes

Bless you Casey for your warm response. I suppose I was feeling sorry for myself, as grief causes us to be ultrasensitive. What might not have bothered me before losing my Sister, causes me to react now. Tears now come over the least little thing. I have been following some of your posts as well, and I can sense your despair. I am so sorry for your loss as well. My Sister & I only had each other after our parents died. Both of us were single, so she was my other half (better half.) She was my best friend and knew me better than anyone ever will. We always said we’d grow old together, but that was not to be. Thank you again for responding, I wish you peace and hope in your grief journey.
Take care. Hugs back to you Xxx

2 Likes

Happy birthday in Heaven my Sweet Sister. How I wish I could celebrate with you as we always did. The sun is shining for your special day, but my heart is breaking. :broken_heart:
“I dropped a tear in the ocean, the day you find it I will stop missing you.”

4 Likes

Thinking of you today Sister2. My sister died unexpectedly 3 months ago and my heart is broken as is yours. Like you I will grieve forever.

3 Likes

@Sister2 hi i just wanted to say you are in my thoughts today. Take care love and hugs casey xxx

1 Like

Thank you Rhonda, So sorry for your loss as well. My Sister also died unexpectedly. I share in your pain. Xxxx Another Sad Sister

2 Likes

Thank you for caring Casey. I hope you are also getting on as well as possible. Xxx Love & Hugs Back

1 Like

Today is my beloved Sister’s Fifth birthday in the other realm. I will light a candle and sing our birthday song, I will talk to her and send a prayer, and make a wish that she was here, Happy Birthday my sweet little Sister, I will miss you every minute of every day and love you in a place that knows no space or time. Xxxx :people_hugging:

3 Likes

My thoughts are with you today Sister 2❤️

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind post Rhonda1. This is such a lonely journey. :broken_heart: Xxx