Not a happy xmas you don't know what till its gone

Xmas will not be the same this year for any of us on this platform. I for one will be thinking of Jim my beloved husband who sadly died in August. Xmas was always a quite affair in our house as we had no children but we was happy in each others company and enjoyed the day now i feel i will never enjoy a xmas or anything ever again. Xmas is going to be the hardest day so far seeing everyone enjoying themselves I feel like shouting out NOT EVERYONE IS HAPPY but of cause I can’t but I’m jealous that I will not have that anymore. Its true what they say you don’t know what you got till its gone . All the best to everyone and if you want to cry at Xmas then cry I will

4 Likes

Misprint, so many on this site will be with you at Christmas and it can be such a lonely time. I have tried different things but just getting through that one day is hard. It is only one day and between the hankies and a glass of something it will soon be bedtime. Keep warm and remember it is only one day. S xx

It’s so difficult all the Xmas music talks of love family closeness and like you say none of us are in a happy place, my sons and young grandson live with me and are putting up the tree, organising the Xmas dinner and talking about presents and I just feel like running upstairs and hiding away I don’t want to do Xmas but am already feeling that I have to show some effort just for the family but it is so hard and I know my husband would be saying come on, I feel I just want the spiritual side of Xmas so I can be quiet and calm, I’m freaking out a little bit because my friends have also organised a Xmas meal out next week and someone has suggested secret Santa it’s already a lot of pressure luckily my sister will be there to support me thinking of everyone at such a difficult time xx

Lonely.
Such a beautiful story from you. You tell of your life with such passion and love. I never tire of reading your wonderful stories of you and Peter. I wish you would write a book. I feel everything you say.xx

1 Like

Lonely.
It is a pleasure. You can really make your posts come to life.
Please carry on posting.x

1 Like