Not coping

Hi everyone I’m new to the group.
I have ad so many losses i cant take anymore. I lost my mum suddenly to covid last year it was so fast i got a call at midnight 2 hours layer she was gone as you can imagine my head fell off i did know what day of the week it was, i let myself go, gave up work. This year only a few months ago i lost my nephew and his cousin in a tragic accident (drowning) and now today i received another call to say another family member has passed. On top of all this i have gone through domestic abuse with my son and had to have him remove from the home now he won’t talk to me my heart is broken and I can’t take anymore.

3 Likes

Hello @Rachel9,

I’m Seaneen and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. It sounds like you have gone through a lot and it’s completely understandable that it feels overwhelming sometimes.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

Are you getting any support with the situation with your son? You might want to contact Family Lives. They have a live chat on their website and a helpline that you can call on 0808 800 222.

Please do remember that the Samaritans are also there for you anytime on 116 123.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Thank you for replying to my message. No im not getting any support what so ever both the social workers and police have just made things 10x worse and have just said he is a narcissist. I am so broken i just feel like giving up now. I will have a look see if they can help me Thank you

Hi Rachel19. Welcome to this site, a site we really wish in a way we didn’t need be do need. You will find everyone on it helps each other. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum, and so quickly, and other family members, 2 of which were awful circumstances. If it’s any help I lost my Mum Oct 2020, Dad Dec 2021 and my son March 2023 to a drugs overdose. Like you and so many of us our lives have been destroyed but please believe me you will get there, minute by minute, hour by hour is the best way. Do what you can, when you can, there are no set rules. I’m sure your son will come around and speak. I had to have my son taken numerous times from my house due to his behaviour. Remember our sons love us but may not always show it, I would give the world to have my son alive. I’m not sure if any of this helps you and I would be mortified if I have said something which may of upset you x