Not coping

Hi . My first time here . I lost my partner in November, he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in May , his heart wasn’t strong enough for treatment. I cared for him in his last weeks, he was in a lot of pain. He was only 60 . We’d been together for 5 years, he was my soulmate and I’m heartbroken :broken_heart:. I feel totally lost without him :cry:. My Mom passed 4 years ago and watched her die , which I’m not over . I never thought that I’d have to go through it again so soon :cry:. She screamed help me in pain and I had to watch my partner scream out the exact same words :cry::broken_heart:

2 Likes

Oh no how awful for you. My husband was only 60 too. Its so hard isnt it cos theyre young really … both my parents still alive at 83 .!!! … so not fair xxx

1 Like

Hi, I am sorry to hear your story. I have myself lost my beloved husband, he was a cancer patient diagnosed in March 22. Sadly he passed suddenly and unexpectedly in July 23 due to a serious infection. I lost my Mum just after my husband was diagnosed in June 22 also a cancer patient who kicked it’s arse for 12 years. Since losing my husband I have lost my stepdad in october 23 and father in law in November 23. It’s been an absolute crap time and I am not coping, I put on a brave face but am reduced to tears when alone. It is so lonely after spending 30 years married, I miss him, I miss them all. Unless you have been through it or are going through it’s just impossible to understand the roller coaster of emotions we are going through…x

5 Likes

A163 iam so sorry for losses, I can’t imagine how your feeling , every person on this site has suffered loss , I lost my wife in 2023 and know I’ll never get over it the feeling of loneliness is sometimes overwhelming, the helpless feeling’s, unbelievable. Once again I truly am sorry take care and take each day at time x

3 Likes

Thank you for your replies, life is so unfair. I’m so sorry to for your awful losses. It helps to know that people understand. I feel so numb and having anxiety attacks. I go to work but when I don’t need to go out I prefer to stay in incase I get anxiety. I am on the waiting list for bereavement counselling but I’ve been told it could be 9 months .

3 Likes

Hi @Al63
Im sorry for your loss.
I lostbmy husband in June 23 unexpectedly and suddenly at 63 after 37 years together 35 married.
I thought i was doing ok well i’m not really like you this pain grief and loneliness :broken_heart: are taken there toll. I dont sleep well not eating losing weight. I too am waiting on councelling which i am told will be about April. Like yourself can only take one day at a time. But it really is not an easy journey.
Take care
Lynne x

4 Likes