Not feeling any better

Nine months on since I lost my partner and don’t really feel any better since he went . Some days I can get on with things but some days I don’t even want to get out of bed . I sit in the house a lot as I don’t feel like going out only go shopping once a week . I do go for a walk on an evening most days just to get some fresh air and for the hour I’m out I do feel slightly better but soon as I’m back in the house I just feel the same again . I can’t motivate myself to do anything just chores that have to be done and see to my cats . Some days I can’t even be bothered to talk to anyone and then feel guilty for avoiding them . Will I ever feel better , I wonder ? Odd times I have a good day and think things are improving then out of nowhere it all hits me again . I don’t sleep well and the only way is to take a tablet so I can get a few hours at night . Wish I’d gone with him . Only thing that keeps me going is hoping to see my new grandkids soon as they live far away Debbie 13 xx

Hi Debbie sorry for your loss I am a year in now and feel awful. I have Sue Ryder counselling I told the counsellor I am struggling most days. She said grief is like an elastic band some days you feel okish then it pulls you right back. I thought it’s a year I should be feeling a bit better there is no time limit. Take care day be day xx

1 Like

Hi Kim thank you for your kind words . I’m sorry for your loss too . It helps to know that I’m not alone in how I feel and that many others are going through the same thing Debbie 13 xx

1 Like

Dear debbie13, maybe it doesn’t matter - But it’s been about 18 months since my beloved wife died in our home — not a day goes by that I am not aware of that fateful and awful night. I wish I could have gone with her — so I wonder — why am I still here - she deserved to live and not me. Anyway, please accept my sympathy for your loss. Wishing you the best - don’t lose heart dear Lady!@
Herb (greencat1950)

Hi Greencat1950 thank you for your reply there are so many of us going through this and it does help to know that I’m not alone though I often feel that I am . Take care xx

Hi it’s 5 days since I lost my Gary it is a comfort to know that others are out there we are not alone in it, I’m still in a daze in the pretend it never happened part but then bam another day and another day further away from me. I just want to be left alone nothing is enjoyable at the moment

Hi Pebbles I’m sorry for your loss it’s so hard on all of us who are left without our loved ones . It’s 9 months since Ed went and what helps me is to think I’m not 9 months further away from him but 9 months nearer to him as that time has now gone and one day I’ll be with him again. I still think he’s around me had lots of signs which I keep a record of and that helps too . Take care of yourself and just take one day at a time . Love and peace to you Debbie 13 xxx

1 Like

That’s good way of looking at it - each day is one day closer