Not getting any easier

So it will be 9 weeks on Friday since I lost the love of my life
It is just as hard now as it was then
I don’t feel any better in myself
I had my first counselling session on Tuesday and I spent most of it crying not sure if or how it is going to help
The guilt is and will always be there no matter what
The loneliness and emptiness is getting worse too I feel I have no one to talk to in the family it’s like they have all moved on from this and I’m still stuck in the moment
Not sure I can do this on my own and it’s quite scary

1 Like

Hi LinseyMark, I don’t think the feelings change much for a very long time we just get used to it. It is not easy to accept what has happened, its all so unfair and its true that until it has happened to you its not easy to comprehend the physical and emotional pain we are in. Your loss is 9 weeks on Friday mine is now 9 months and I am still so shocked every morning when I wake and he isn’t here next to me. I don’t have anything say to relieve your pain but for me I have tried to make small changes in my daily life ie have joined the gym, it takes my mind off it for a short time and people there are kind and friendly have a chat and sometimes a cup of coffee. I sit and wonder why I’m doing it but what is there to do, it is a changed life.

1 Like

Keep posting it helps to share and makes us feel normal xxxxxx

1 Like

It’s just so difficult when i wake on a morning I feel ok then as the day goes on it gets worse knowing he’s not here anymore and he’s not gonna come through the door from work im just so lost

1 Like

Hi I would be the same at the counseling session. I understand re. the family.
You are not alone though it feels it. Pm anytime.