Not much hope

Loss mum in August last year, now less then less than a year after, 2 weeks in hospital. I now been diagnosed with Myloma Cancer.

2 Likes

I am so very sorry. You are not long into grieving to be hit with such news. Cancer is a scrouge on humanity now. She would want you to take care of yourself the best you can. :heartpulse:

1 Like

If and when you are able, if at all, consider support groups for grief and cancer.

2 Likes

I need that, thank you. I posted hoping I might find someone with the same disease. It’s early days for me as I not started the treatment as of yet. So searching for answers at the moment.

2 Likes

Hello @Keith68,

I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. If you’d like to talk to others who have myeloma, Myeloma UK have support groups across the UK. You can find out more by visiting their website. You might be interested in their peer buddy service, which connects you to another person with myeloma.

They also have a free infoline on 0800 980 3332 (UK) or 1800 937 773 (Ireland).

The Myeloma Infoline is available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (closed weekends and some public holidays).

I hope this information is helpful. The community is here for you, too.

Take care,
Seaneen

3 Likes

Brilliant Sean, Thank You for that, need all the help I can get

3 Likes

@Keith68

Sorry to hear this. I hope you get some treatment soon. Sending lots of love and strength to carry on!

Your mum will be sending you love and strength to help you be strong. Bless you :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank You, very much for your kind words

2 Likes

Hi @Keith68
We have spoken to each other in the past, I’ve not been on for a while as I’ve withdrawn into myself lately.
Anyway I’d just like to send you my best wishes and hope everything goes well in your recovery 🩵

3 Likes

Hi Pixie

Life’s a battle that’s for sure and it doesn’t let up. 1 challenge after another, I had to put mum on hold for a little as I been in hospital since you was last on here. I been diagnosed with Myaloma Cancer which is blood cancer. It’s treatable but it will keep me busy with hospital runs and Chemo sessions. So I have to concentrate on that a lot at the moment. But I still think about mum even more so.

3 Likes

Ok Keith I’m so sorry and wish you a speedy recovery, your mum will be with you all the way :heart:

3 Likes

Hope so, I think about mum most days and the impact she had on my life x

2 Likes

Me too they’re irreplaceable :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Yea you can’t and that’s the worst bit. You just have the memories you had with them. I have so many of them!

3 Likes

But there’s no way I would be able to look after mum now, I wouldn’t be able to pick her up. I have 5 fractures in my back. So mum would of been put in a home and she wouldn’t have liked that, mum was 95.

3 Likes

I’m not ready to get into Myaloma just yet. I have support with Maggie’s, but think I need it for the loss of mum too. Makes you feel vulnerable when you get news like this and I always turned to mum when I was down or wanted someone to talk too. Now I don’t have that person in my life no more, so yes it’s hard

1 Like

I understand. my parents were that for me and they are gone and I´ve weathered many storms without them now. I know how hard it is. I do go on. I guess I have been in battle mode for many years now. you may be cured. one thing I will say: you can decide not to be defeated. I have had to. but then sometimes, I do give in. but then I get up again. crazy.

I do what I got to do, don’t really think too much about it to be honest. Chemo will just become a everyday thing I have to do to get myself in a better place. I know the alternative and I ain’t going through that again.

1 Like