Not slerping😠

So tired keep waking up several times during yhe nite.
Or have bad dreams
Triied going to bed early/late
Hot chocolate or relaxing bsth
Exercise long walk.:woman_with_probing_cane:
Why does it hurt so much at nitetime and early morning💔 lie awake have all these emotions or tearful😥

1 Like

S47,
You poor soul, it must be dreadful not being able to sleep. Because of various medical conditions I have medication. Did you lose your partner? I do not want to write the wrong thing. Since my husband died (of 59 years) my worst time is middle to late afternoon. I have a physical pain in my stomach and chest.
I realise that everyone is different in the way that we grieve, I hope that you will post again and tell us more about yourself. It is a pity that you have needed to join us, you are very welcome.

3 Likes

I’m also not sleeping, wide awake at night and up at 3/4am.
None stop thoughts about everything.
I hope it gets better soon.
I wish you peace and hope you can start to settle a little soon.

1 Like

Not sleeping is another horrible part of grief,
Seven months on for me and still wide awake through the night , mind going over everything. x

1 Like

Three years on and sleep is still hit and miss for me. Last night wasn’t too bad but the night before was pretty bad. Up at 3am reading and hot drink. It was light before I settled down again. :tired_face: I guess this is how it is now. I was always a sleepy head prior to my husband dying. David was an early riser and often would get a tad annoyed at me sleeping in. He would find my not being able to sleep quite amusing now. xx

1 Like

I don’t believe you understand until you are going through this pain.
It’s terrible, not sleeping, eating just thoughts of what was and what could have been.
So sad that there are so many of us going through this and at these times mainly on our own.
But I do find that reading other posts on here helps me feel that I’m not going through this pain alone and someone to help me because everyone unfortunately are feeling everything I am.

2 Likes

I used to be a good sleeper aswell Kate, I do think this is unfortunately how it’s going to be now.
It is sad there’s so many of us laying awake through the night, just with endless thoughts of past, present and our dreaded future. We feel so alone , but realise we’re not x

3 Likes

Hi
Sorry for your loss
Yes its not great been awake during the night
Glad im not alone in this
Although you think you are
Your right hard tio switch of
Have all these thoughts and feelings x

1 Like

Hi😊
Sorry for yiur loss
Yes sometimes comforting just to read other peoples posts/stories
Knowing your not alone
Yes its terrible not sleeping properly
Eitger wake up bad dreams or wake up 3 or times during night. Night times early mornings seems another beautiful day outside x

P Take care

1 Like

It really does help, I’m thinking of asking for some sort of help. I know there are lots of people to help but it’s just a bit overwhelming at the minute.
Beautiful day. X

1 Like

Been awake most of the night
Now feel exhausted so tiredbut need try get up soon cant be annoyed🤫
In tears again during night hard to switch off
But meeting my friend early i hate mornings as im not sleeping
Friend may not undersrand how i feel or undersrand what im going through ive tried
But nice to have some company
Was going a walk but now going for a picnic instead need try get up getting everything ready
Hope you have anice day🌞

2 Likes

Have a good day, will be good to get out in the fresh air.
I’m doing the same today but with my daughter and dog.
I think it’s part all part of the grief, not being able to switch off. Hopefully you can find a little peace soon, but I understand how all consuming it is.
X

2 Likes

Hope you and your daughter & the dog have a lovely day
Enjoying the sunshine🌞

2 Likes