Not sure how I feel

14 weeks since Keith passed. It isn’t getting any easier. I fell and broke my humuorus (upper arm bone) exactly a month to the time and date of he’s death. Which has made it even worse. Having no one to care for me made me miss him even more. My family have been good but they can’t be there 24/7. After 10 weeks my arm is Still very painful. I feel as if I’m in limbo putting on a brave face for my kid’s. But when I’m alone the grief is over whelming.

1 Like

Dear Zach,

14 weeks is still very early days. I see in your profile that you had been married for 45 years and that you had been together since you were 18. Your life has totally changed by this massive loss. Having broken your arm and not having your husband to support you mayhe made you feel your loss even more. It is good to hear that your family has been supportive, but as you right;y say they can not be there 24/7. I can understand you do not want to burden your children, but maybe they would be happy to do more for you if they knew how you feel? I assume they are adults? My siblings and I supported my mum the best we could when she lost my dad, and we were happy to do so even though it was not easy. This online community can be a good source of support to. You will find a lot of posts from others in a situtaion like yours in the ‘losing a partner’ category. There may also be support available in your area. I had a quick look online to see what there is in your area and fund this: https://www.sunderlandcounselling.org.uk/bereavement-support-group/
I hope that your arm will soon be completely healed and that you will find the help and support you are looking for. xx Jo

1 Like

Hi it’s so hard I lost my husband to be last year and I felt quite Ill with covid19 and like you said it’s awful having no one to care for you and just having someone there , I felt so down but what can we do they say times a great healer , I do walking and meditation it does help , you just feel so alone even though you have family and friend x take care Yvonne

2 Likes

Hi poppy. I do alot of walking with my dog. And I fill the lonely nights with crochet and TV. Xx

Hi. Thankyou I’ll try that. It was my son who suggested getting help with my grief online. And I’m so pleased he did as I get a lot of comfort from this. Xxx

2 Likes

That’s sounds good I walk my dog a lot I do colouring and puzzles knitting xx we have to keep our mind busy it has to get easier one day xx so lonely and I feel so lost sometimes x

1 Like

Yes it’s the over whelming sadness that just comes over you that I struggle with. But we’ll get there someday the heart ache will ease. Xxx