Not sure where to turn

My Mum passed away in January this year. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer at the end of September 2021. I lost my Dad 13 years ago and I literally feel so lost, it is an overwhelming physical and mental pain that I am 37 and both my parents are gone.
From my Mum’s diagnosis to her passing was just too quick. There never feels enough time to do the things or say all the things you want to say to someone you love I guess.
I feel at a complete loss with it all as me and my Mum were best friends, we lived together and now I live alone and I feel alone and after these few months I think it is really starting to hit me that my Mum is gone.
I am not a religious person and not a big believer in afterlife which means I am finding it so difficult to find any comfort after her passing. It feels like no one understands and I am completely alone with all these feelings. I just don’t know what to do and feel like this pain will never end.

4 Likes

Hello @Amy6, I am so sorry for the loss of your mum. I just want to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone. Many of our members have lost their mums and will understand some of what you’re going through.

You say you don’t know where to turn, so I wanted to share some options with you that might help. Our Online Bereavement Support includes our free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text.

I hope you find the community to be a support too - we are here for you.

Take care
Seaneen

Hello Amy. My mum passed away 15 months ago , we lived together and now I live alone . Its very tough and you have to take it a day at a time . You will find plenty of support on here as we are all struggling. Take care.
Love Angie xx

3 Likes

I lost my Mum nearly a year ago and my stepDad in June.

I’m really busy most of the time so don’t think about her so much now, but I went home on time today and have thought of nothing else.

I still find it hard to believe they have both gone, I’m still in denial I guess.

I’m a bit lonely, I have lots of support but it’s somehow not enough, I don’t feel I have anyone who I can 100% rely on. Mum was that person.

Nobody asks how I’m coping, they see me getting on with it and just assume I’m over it. I’m not. I’ve only just started the grief journey really.

Sending you a hug; when you feel alone know that you’re not, we’re all here in fact.

2 Likes

Hi I’m new to this group and sorry to hear of your parents I lost my dad in March and my grandpa.

It’s tough going isn’t it?! Me and my Mum were super close and this is the toughest thing I have ever been through. I am so grateful in a way that we were so close as although it hurts at least it is because we had such a strong bond. I think it would have been sadder if we hadn’t. I hope you are looking after yourself during this time.