Numb and lost

I have just lost a very very special person and can’t cope.

Walt, i hope you find some comfort and support. on this site. Wishing you well.at this saddest of times.

Walt,
Thinking of you at this very painful and sad time. We are all here if you need to talk.
Steph x

Thank you. My partner and I were so close and I feel like my comfortable slippers have gone. I am in a fog of If only.

I know the feeling, you feel so numb like you’re stuck in a terrible nightmare, it doesn’t feel real.
Thinking of you.

Hi Walt.

I’m so sorry to hear about you losing someone who was very special to you. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Walt, get in touch with one of these services.

If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999, go to A&E or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,
Michelle

Thank you for your communication. I have been to the GP.
I have never felt pain like this. I want him back and know I can’t. I have so many emotions going on. I don’t feel I will ever get over this. We had planned our life together. The worst thing are the If only’s.
I tolerated a very abusive marriage when he could have been in my life and I lost the chance of 10 extra years of contentment and a happy, loving relationship.

Hi Walt, I know exactly how you are feeling. It is the worst thing that will ever happen to you and you think you will never get through it. Like you I had not the greatest of marriages then I met Colin who changed my world for the next 12 years. We too had so many plans and dreams for our future which have now been snatched away in the cruelest way possible. I lost him in November to a sudden heart attack, I had lost my Mum 3 weeks earlier so double the trauma and grief. It has been 17 weeks for me and how I have got here I don’t know as I just want to be with him again. I have a lot of support from family and friends but it is not the same as having your soul mate. You will go through everything again and again in your head till you are exhausted but believe me it will get easier. We will never get over it but somehow we get through it, take it a day at a time. Don’t be a people pleaser do what you need to do to get through the day, if you cry non stop then that’s fine there are no rules and no right or wrong ways to handle this we are all different. Keep posting on here we have all been where you are and understand how you feel. You will chat to others who will help you and can empathize.
Sending you positive thoughts
V xx

1 Like

Dear Walt,
I just read your post. I am truly sorry that this happened to you. I can tell you must had a lovely wife - I am sorry for your loss. As most of the participants on this site can tell you - you are not alone - all of us grieve with you. I too lost my lovely wife back in November 2019. We shared so much together and just bought our home just 5 years ago. She loved it and we were maki8ng improvements, she planted new flowers and
plants, new curtains, etc. I am here alone now with memories of a woman I so truly loved and was devoted to. I went to the cemetary to view her headstone (recently put in). It was my first visit - I talked to her and told her how I doing and above all, I missed her. I decided to share this with you because I can understand how you must feel - I hope you coping OK, as your wife would have wanted it this way. I wish you well, and will include you in my prayers. I adjust and go thru the motions at times, and like you I lost a very special person too. My sympathy to you friend.
Herb

Walt, I love the way that you compare yourself and your wife with a pair of comfortable slippers. Stan and I use to make the same comparison, he was such a love. x x

3 Likes

We’ve all lost someone. We are all suffering as you are. We are all here in your grief. Try to talk about your grief because we are all going through the same. Talking can help. Not going to say stay strong because that’s not possible. Time is not a healer. Not yet. But I hope as you do it will get better

1 Like