Numb

I am numb and don’t know what to say or do . I lost my younger sister unexpectedly 4 years ago who was my best friend and now one of my 2 remaining older sisters has terminal cancer and has been put on hospice with weeks to live eventhough she’s still doing her best to fight. Everyone says to spend time together but I feel like I’m in a trance and can’t process the information. Our mother is elderly and I’m absolutely crushed for her potentially losing another child. I need someone to tell me what to do because I am lost as to what to do. I can easily find distraction through work or with my immediate family obligations but it feels so selfish and wrong cause I know she won’t be here soon and I can’t face it. Please help cause I don’t what to have any regrets.

I’m so sorry for your sister’s illness, and the loss of your younger sister. That is so much to cope with and it’s completely understandable that it’s too much to process.

I’m giving your thread a gentle bump - I’m sure someone will be along to share their thoughts.

Take care - you are not alone.