Obits - connecting to death

I do not know why I look at obituaries. But I think it has something to do with connecting to my dead loved ones. and I am on this board. a death board. death has affected me profoundly in middle age so I think I look at obits and Sue Ryder as a way to connect to death and connecting to my dead loved ones. anyone else so affected?

1 Like

Hi @berit ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to share their thoughts, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

nothing wrong with reading them, they can be quite interesting and informative. i have read them myself, i like to see if anyone i know has died, . you dont get as many as you used to yrs ago, think its too exspensive to do it, i also read the lists at the crem sometimes to see who is there. it doesnt connect me with them, we all know at some point we are going to die, just dont know when. i do however since hubby died suddenly with no warning, find myself thinking is today my last day when i get up. i am one of those people who like reading about disasters and disaster movies etc. think it all depends on what you believe in, whether you believe in god or not etc, i dont, neither did my hubby.

I think it is something to do with getting older.

many are interesting!

being older, you experience more death. it mirrors this experience, I feel.

in the last 20 yrs i have had about 50 people, including friends and family who have died, i wrote them down. it gets to the stage when you hear about it, you dont take much notice, you say “another one” and they normally come in threes. thats one reason why i like reading about them to see who else i know has died.

1 Like

I know. I see school chums sometimes more often their parents.