Oh sad dream

Last night I had this dream that I was with my David and he was alive and all was well. Then I woke up and for a second thinking that’s wonderful, then sadly realised it was just a cruel dream. Don’t want to dream any more.

6 Likes

Hi Bob major. Last night I too had a dream that I was with my husband Peter it was so vivid and real that when I woke up I thought he was back with me again the awful feeling after to realise It was just a dream oh why did I have it . X

2 Likes

We’re obviously going through the same horrible part of grieving. Deep down we cant accept it and probably riding along the surface of reality. Like you the family cannot really comprehend how fragile I still feel. My step daughter said ’ I’m grieving too ’ . Im sure she is, but she hasn’t lost her partner in life. It’s on a different scale of loss. No one understands unless they have been widowed.
Best wishes to you. Keep posting.
Tricia

2 Likes

I’m so grateful to you all who write on here about your experiences, I’ve been asking every night for a dream of my Chris, it’s 19 weeks today since he died, if I ever get lucky enough to have that dream because of your writings I will know what to expect, it all helps along this painful Road we travel, thank you, and sweet dreams.
Hugs Chrissy3

1 Like

It’s heartbreaking because I’ve had no dreams, I have no feeling or sense of him around and don’t understand it, I did see a small white feather just falling softly outside my bedroom window and just don’t know ???

Mab,
It is heartbreaking, wanting that special sign, that reassuring dream, all we can do is cling to anything that could be a sign, like that white feather you saw from your bedroom window, if it gives you comfort then why not, don’t give up hope, be open to signs in all you do, everywhere you go, any thing that helps you get through each day, I wish you well along the road of this dreadful new life we all need to lead ,
Hugs Chrissy3

2 Likes

Today David’s name was read out in church, being the week of his first anniversary. Coincidentally i was asked at short notice to sing a duet. I’ve never been asked before so I was surprised. The new music director had no idea that it was David’s anniversary. I got through it alright, just. I take this as a sign. It was no dream.
Tricia

3 Likes

Trica
I really feel for you coming up to the first year mark, I’ve no idea how that will feel I’m at the 20 weeks stage, so have a long way to go until I know.

I admire your singing in church, that must have taken some courage to do, I’m sure David was with you in every note.

I find it does really help to think of my Chris along with me in all I do each and every day, I ask him if I’ve a decision to make, to help guide me to make the right one, seems to be doing ok so far.

I have had a bit of a wobble this weekend, but, after reading so many posts on here, I know that will happen, I know I need to learn to adjust to living with those days when it’s at its worst, those are the days I’m looking even more for a reassuring sign of any kind.

You are in my thoughts and prayers this week, I hope you cope with whatever this new life brings you, one breath, one step, one day at a time, keep reading and posting.
Hugs Chrissy3

I had a dream of my husband who died 1year ago I opened door and he give me cuddle and said he would wait for me woke up I still knew he wasn’t here but it was lovely lv annie x

3 Likes

Comforting and sad all in one bundle. I’m sure he will wait for you. We are all suffering st this festive time of the year.
Thinking of you.
Tricia x

1 Like

What an amazing dream and so long too. From my point, one year on, I think these dreams are disturbing.