One week ago my son never arrived home.

I wish I could turn back time to this time last week.my son had asked to borrow money to get through the month and I never got it out for him. He had said that he didn’t need it until Monday, but then decided to go out for a coffee with a girl in Southend. He met friends while out and went to two other places. On his way home he was hit by a car that did not even slow down or brake. I cannot comprehend how this happened! And have had the most horrific week where we had to ID him and an inquest has been opened. Our family feels so small as we had just moved into a big house. He had so much ambition and was just starting his life. It’s so unfair.

1 Like

Oh that is terrible!I can’t begin to understand what you are going through.I’m glad you have found this group.There is so much support from others that have suffered a loss.If you want to get angry,then get angry.No one will judge you for it.We all feel the same way.Keep in touch,Jill x🌺

@Newman73 Oh dear God. I cannot comprehend how that must feel. We lost our youngest girl on 25th Juky but we had weeks of her being able to talk with us and be with her.
My hear goes out to you.
With love Kate xxxx

Keep posting. We are all here to support each other.
No matter how our children have left us we are all looking back to the last time things were ‘normal’. For me it was sitting in the May sunshine with little Brooke and Lisa before she went to the hairdressers before going on holiday. She was a wedding florist and I was getting instructions for what needed doing for the wedding on Saturday when she would be flying off to Majorca. Their first holiday abroad in over 10 years. It was the last time we held each other. The last time I heard her voice as it was. On the way home the following weekend she contracted a virus which put her on life support. For us it was hell on earth but for her, after being brought out of an induced coma, and because she was on ECMO she was able to communicate with us and she was alert and worried about weddings she had to do.
Sadly she got infections so in the end there was nothing that could be done. She was si courageous and so calm we will always be in awe of her. A true warrior .
Kate xx

Hello Newman73,
I am so sorry to hear how your son passed away, my name is Helen (Sam’s mum) and my son passed away 3 years ago from a brain tumour, you learn eventually to cope (sort of) but as Lisa’s mum says we are all here for each other no matter what we can post on here rant and rave at the what if’s the why’s we will all understand.
With love
Helen

1 Like

How are you getting on? I just noticed that Helen had replied to your post. Its not easy for any of us here but we all have each other.
Take care and sending hugs.
Kate xx