One Year On

Dear All

Well, it’s now coming upto a year since my beautiful mum only 72 suddenly fell ill and went into hospital. I can’t believe the changes to our whole family since that day. At times I feel overwhelmed with grief but in next breath due to my new full time caring responsibility for my dad another part of me takes over. Gosh I miss my mum so so much and it’s so so hard, I feel so much I can’t off load that to my own family (I’m an only one) so only have my own 3 teenage children and my husband and my grief stricken dad who now lives with me following mums death.
I’m finding news so hard to listen to as well at the moment, everting revolves around Covid understandably, however my gut feels with emotions to all that have lost loved ones during the pandemic, who endured the same restrictions to be with them at the most critical time needed. I Coahuila only see my mum through a window for the 2 weeks she was unwell, and we all expected her to have her operation and come through to continue to live her life… and it didn’t happen. So now life is different, my mums gone, I have to be her and me for my dad to ensure he’s safe we’ll and happy, I’ve had to sell their house, build an annex etc… all around being a mum of 3 teenagers and hold down a job! When does all this get a bit easier?

Sorry for any typos I was crying when I posted this x

Hi Claire

I dont know when life gets easier. My mum died of a sudden brain hemorrhage almost 2 years ago. I dont have my dad to worry about as he died 20 years earlier, but I have a 14 year old to look after, a full time job, the house and everything. And the person who would have been there to help me in life and help me through by laughing, supporting, being company etc has gone.
Its really tough. My mu was having an operation and for an unknown reason suffered a bleed on the brain in the recovery room and never came home…so a bit similar to you. I guess having a full time job and a child is actually a saving grace. Without them, I probably wouldn’t get out of bed some days.
We will get there.
Cheryl

1 Like