I drive past your last home

Thinking I’ll just pop in for a cuppa and a hug

But you’re not there

There is so much that I want to share

Memories of our childhood and thoughts of times long gone

But you’re not There

7 Likes

Hi @ChrissieT,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Hi Chrissie T, Your poem is such a lovely tribute to your dear Sister’s memory.
Having lost my own precious Sister, your words resonate with me. It is still so hard to accept that she is not there to talk, laugh or cry with, to share the daily events, or to just spend time with. Sometimes the memories are not enough. I need to see and hug her, but she is “not there.” Another Sad Sister, Xxxx :people_hugging:

2 Likes

I lost my sister February 12th this year. She was my world. My best friend , my therapist, my protector. We planned our futures together ( both middle aged and single). The only other significant person in my life is my mum and she has oesophageal cancer. The bond between sisters can be so strong. I feel like a shadow without her.
ChrissieT, your words seem so significant to me, I could have written them myself. Thank you for posting and I wish you well xx

2 Likes

This is so true and exactly how things are. We lose such a lot. I am sorry for your loss. It will soon be three years for me.

2 Likes

Hey i lost my sister 3 weeks ago and the paun is unreal. We spent almost every day together over the past 12 years. Most of our lives we followed each other around. Im absolutely devastated as u are. Plz feel free to reach out to me any time. My heart is so broken x

3 Likes

Thank you . So sorry for your loss. It is devastating and whether it’s weeks or years, the loss is always there. Thank you for your kindness.

2 Likes