only child, lost mum now dads frail

hi im new to this site…i am an only child with no brothers or sisters’. I lost my mum in june to a horrible disease, i wouldn’t have kept my dog like that but she never once moaned!..now there is only dad left and he’s really frail i feel like im just watching him waste away…i know all this is what everyone goes through but i have no one to talk to or help me as my friends live far away. i also have multiple sclerosis myself and i find im having really bad days where i just want to get off this merry go round!..my dad has a dog and it will end up with me…so stressed.
thanks for listining. i would love to talk to someone in a similar situation as me…i cant be unique

1 Like

Karen10, not really in the same situation as you but I do have a mother who is in her 90s and apart from the odd visit for a few hours from my sister who lives miles away it is all down to me. Mum does live on her own with carers but is getting more and more demanding of my time and having very recently lost my husband I am finding it more and more difficult to cope with her demands. I know what you mean about the merry go round I feel just the same at times just want to step off it. Sending you virtual hugs :revolving_hearts:

hi su
thanks for responding.im sorry to hear about your situation. its so hard to get the help as well. there seems to be so much more death the older you get. i guess we have to get on with it but it definately helps to talk with someone. thankyou sending hugs to you too…covid free ones!!!

1 Like