ONLY SIBLING DIED AT 38

Sister 2- hello thank you for your kindness. It is reassuring to know that others can truly understand my loss. I feel so lost sometimes- I’m so glad I found this site, I appreciate you sharing,

Any time Sosad, We must support each other. Adult sibling loss is so often dismissed and misunderstood… Hope you will stay here with us. There is much kindness and comfort on this forum. Xxxxx

I’m re-reading your message on my comment about losing my sister. It was nearly 3 years ago now. I honestly have felt so so depressed every since. Life is never the same is it X I hope you are okay. How are you? x

Anniversaries are so hard aren’t they :frowning: I am glad you have sons. I have children too - but I am so absorbed in grief all the time, I sometimes struggle to appreciate the fact I have them. It is so hard isn’t it. It is just the realisation that life will never be the same. thank you for replying X

thanks Sheila, you are so right. I will copy your message so I can keep looking at it and remind myself. Thank you also for not making me feel alone with it. Grief seems such a lonely lonely place sometimes X thank you

I lost my sister in November, there was just me, her and mum for most of our lives, she died suddenly, we don’t know how, or when or why, she told us she was away to a friend’s house for a few days but when we hadn’t heard from her in a few days we went looking for her, she wasn’t there, so we got into her house and found her lying dead, we don’t know how long for but they couldn’t open the coffin, that part kills me, we are still waiting on coroner’s final report. My sister had a disability and I blame myself for perhaps not looking for her sooner, but she was 57 and liked to be responsible and independent. I’m googling insane things every night, sudden deaths, decomposition of bodies to try and establish how long she was dead for, etc, etc I know I’m crazy for doing this but I’m obsessed. It’s not healthy to live my life like this, but I’m so lost, I miss her every day and just look at pictures of her and cry. Been to gp, give me sleeping tablets that didn’t work, I know my grief is no more worse than millions of other people, I really do want to get back to myself, albeit being a different way of life, thank you to everyone that shares on here, I wish you all peace xx

So sorry for the loss of you’re sister at 38.i totally understand what you’re fealing. I lost my only younger sister in April 2020 after a, sudden out the blue diagnosis of a brain tumour she died within 12 wees just over.

I too felt like the world had shifted. I can only describe it as my heart being ripped out stamped on popped back in and I’d to then try and go on.

It didn’t feel like it for me at the time and it won’t for you but it does get a little tiny bit easier as the months pass and you adapt to the new normal.

Thank you Sheila, the first lady who posted, her sister was 38, I posted later on in the thread, my sister was 57, yes I know what you are saying, I will just have to ride the waves until I get the answers from the coroner’s final report, I’m going back to work soon so I’m hoping my mind will be occupied with other things also and that I will be more tired so I won’t have the energy to sit up googling all night, thank you so much for your kind reply, I wish you peace in what you are going through also, x

My sister died in April 2020 after a shocking cancer diagnosis which took her from us in less than 5 months. Our lives are broken, my parents, her little children, her husband, me and our other sister, our grandparents, cousins. She was also only 38.

I just feel like I’m waiting for the day she comes back. :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart: