Organ donation

Steve died 3 weeks ago and was an organ donor. We received the letter today telling us about who he donated to. The letter is sitting on the table as I agreed with the kids that we would open it as a family so now need to wait until everyone can get together ( live indifferent cities) so we can read it. It has been one of the hardest days so far for tears. I’ve cried so much today. The letter felt like the first step to it all being real and he actually is home.

1 Like

Hello @wendyj121 ,

I am so sorry for the loss of your partner. Thank you for reaching out for support - the community is here for you.

You have mentioned that Steve was a donor. I just wanted to share the details of the NHS Blood and Transplant Donor Family Care Service with you. If you have any questions about your loved one’s donation, they are there to support you. You can visit their website at: https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/donorfamilycare or you can get in touch with them:

• By phone: 0330 041 2428, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
  • By email: donor.familycare@nhsbt.nhs.uk, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
  • By post: Donor Family Care Service, NHS Blood and Transplant, 14 Estuary Banks, Speke, Liverpool, L24 8RB

I hope this information is helpful for you - take good care.

Alex

1 Like