Our lovely daughter

In March, after 10 days in hospital, my wife took the dreaded phone call, our daughter had passed away, at the age of 31. She had a large, undiscovered cancerous stomach growth
She was our only child. Our little girl. It felt like then, and still does, that our hearts have been torn apart.
I still talk to her, on a daily basis. I go on walks alone, as we used to do together, sometimes finding myself crying my eyes out.
My emotions are just hiding under the surface, some days they burst out.

Life is so hard

2 Likes

I am so sorry. I am a new member too. To lose your own child is a terrible thing. I am no expert. I have just lost my Father, who suffered for a long time, and am trying to honour him in death now. Perhaps there is an interest or charity she believed in that you could get involved in at some point. If it’s a bit raw now. In other grief situations, I have found that helping others, helps to cope with the grief. At some stage. It is so unfair. That is what I felt about my Father, who has never harmed a fly, been and honest and good man. And yet it was unfair that he had to live through the pandemic in a nursing home, without family around him - and suffered.

I also find talking to them helps a bit. On a practical level I do think a change of scene can help with the worst feelings of grief. Familiarity is everywhere - and although we may like some familiarity, to feel close, a change of scene helps heal you and make you stronger, away from too much familiarity - which can drag you down.

1 Like