Our precious boy

Hi everyone,we lost out precious son in may this year and everyday is a major struggle,my wife then declared she was leaving the house,is this normal?

I don’t think there is any normal. It was certainly one of things I considered, just packing a bag and running away. Grief seems to manifest itself in so many ways and there probably isn’t any rationality that can be applied. I hope you can give good support to each other and continue to do that. There’s no cure. It’s not an illness, it’s more a way of being. Losing a child must be one of the most excruciatingly painful things I can think of.

When my first son died he was 4 I didn’t know what was happening first thing I said why me why did this have to happen to me…that was 28 yrs ago I was 7 and half months pregnant with my other son and he died 9 months ago he was 28 I ask my self again why me why did this have to happen again I have no answer to these questions all I have is the loss of my two beautiful boys …one thing I do have from the both of them is the most overwhelming love I have for them and the love they had for me… that will always be with me and that can never be taken away from me…of course there’s days I don’t want to get out of bed there’s days when I want to jump in the car and keep driving and not go home …but I know my boys wouldn’t want me to fall apart because I still feel there love everyday

Hello Harriet, my heart goes out to you. I lost my lovely son in July and the pain is horrendous. I can only imagine yours. But I understand when you talk of love, I feel my son’s love for me every day and I always ask what he would want me to do when the crying start’s. We have no choice only to keep going, with the pain. But I remind myself I got to be mum to the most inspirational young man. Take care please x

Hello orchard thank you so much for your kind words and I’m so sorry for your loss. I just miss them and I know I will miss them for the rest of my life. I think I see my oldest everywhere which is disturbing but I love my boys. My hubby tells me it’s all about memories only remember the times when they made me laugh or the places we took them cause it makes you smile or the stupid things they said when they were real serious even now I’m smiling cause I remember something they said. I just miss them x

Of course you do, we all do and always will. I think that might be the hardest bit of this journey. Real acceptance that we won’t see our boys again is hard to do. Although I talk about him being gone I wonder if deep down I really accept that, maybe in time. Life is cruel, for us and for them to. Our sons didn’t get to experience a lot of life, marriage, their own children. I cry for that to. My son died on a Sunday, I hated this day for weeks. Take care x