Overnight weight loss...

I should imagine this is our natural process of when we lose a dear loved one…our overnight weightless…From the minute I lost my Richard and within two weeks I had lost 18.lbs of weight…my weight was just dropping off, of course I was not eating…I remember the first day, I steamed one new potato, one or two stems of broccoli, similar to another day when a neighbour popped in and looked at my dish that I was carrying in my hand in a pitiful way, but said nothing…

Jackie…

Morning Jackie,

I lost 12lbs in 2 weeks after Alan passed, plus weightloss during the 11 days he was in hospital. Food just didn’t interest me, I was living on grief. Even now, 12 months on there are times I’ll make something to eat only to have two forkfulls then bin it. Some days I still go all day without eating.

I’ve been attending Slimming World, joined December 2014, got to my target July 2015 losing 2.5st. Remained at target until Alan went into hospital May 7th last year, when my weight dropped by 6lbs then a further 12lbs after he passed. I did try to regain the loss but struggled so dropped my target weight at the end of last year. Now my weight is up and down down between the two target zones. Before Alan passed it remained stable.

I’ve found that grief isn’t only about crying for the loss of our husbands/wives/partners, there’s also loss or increase in appetite , alcohol consumption, reluctance to venture out etc. So many elements are affected and we’re powerless to control any singje one.

I’m hoping, that with time, things may eventually stabilise and we can find a new normality as such. Things can ever or will never be the same again but we may eventually gain some stability.

Hope your day us as good as it can be
Blessings ☆
Jen☆

Forgot to add, being only 4ft 11in any weightloss is more noticeable, weightgain too for that matter, jen☆

My Richard had been regularly attending a COPD exercise class where he believed he was doing all the right things to help his COPD, and his type 2 diabetes, diet and exercise, even if some foods he could have for his diabetes that he couldn’t have for his COPD…I personally thought he was going a tad over the top and often said to him, when we become ill, or go into hospital we wont need to worry about our weight, our weight will just literally fall of of us, " well I certainly found this to be true…
I now believe he didn’t have COPD, well not when just before Christmas he-we were told he was to have open heart surgery…I wish the pair of us had known about the closing of one of his heart valves sooner, just maybe he would be here now…

Jackie…

i lost 3 and a half stone in 18 days,and im not eating to great now as not really got an appetite.luckily ive a friend i have breatfast with in a local witherspoons once a week,never hungry but least thats one meal a week.the stresses in losing someone who meant the world to me is immense and how i feel im shocked that im alive at all.

I’m another with little appetite as well as my lack of interest in making any meal for one, let alone eating it! I still have my ‘what’s the point’ head on in that regard. I have lost 1.5 stone in weight. It’s not gone any lower or higher for a few weeks now so I guess that will be seen as good. You can’t win these days though can you. I’m told by my GP I’m underweight but I haven’t a clue what I’m supposed to do to rectify that, consequently I don’t take much notice. I’m sure there are a lot worse things I could be. I’ll take underweight every day of the week!

I find that the only time I can be bothered to cook is if the children come home, and then it is such an effort. I lost lots of weight when George died 6 months ago, and have not regained it. I did need to lose some weight so it has not done me any harm, I just wish it was under different circumstances. In September last year I had 4 of us at home and was so happy with my life. My daughter moved out just as George became ill and then after he died my Son met a new girlfriend as spends the majority of his time at her home. I used to love buying food and cooking and now find it hard to do anything that reminds me of the happy cosy meals I had, especially with George. Hopefully as time goes on we will regain some of our enjoyment in food but for now cereal is my go to meal xx

Mine too Debra. My husband was such a lovely cook and I know he’s not happy with my can’t be bothered approach to food. I just sense that’s the case with every flake of cereal that I pour into the bowl…ah well, it’ll sort itself out in time hopefully xx

i did all the cooking,roast diners becaon egg what ever Jayne wanted,but cooking for myself no way,and certain food i cannot face as only had them with Jayne.

1 Like

Bless you, Ian. It’s a rubbish journey we are on. I certainly don’t feel the need for a picnic! x

1 Like

thank you cw13 i just wish i could take the journey back and have Jayne in my arms again.then my appetite would return.And id happily cook again for two.today would of been the anniversary of me and Jayne first going out together 24th may 1991.

1 Like

My memories that keep coming back to me is come a Saturday evening…I know this might sound strange to you but Richard would often do sausages or chipolatas and bring a large plate to me into the office as that was the place he would often find me…If it wasn’t a sausages week it would be fish in breadcrumbs or a Kentucky style chicken bought from the supermarket… To say my Saturday meal is the one that keeps coming back to haunts me the most, as even if we had been rowing, he would still bring in a large plate of food, this is how dedicated to me he was…he never bared any grudges…He was devoted to me, too late now for me to tell him how much I did appreciate him and all that he done for me, no matter what…
I dont think I will ever eat another sausage for the rest of my life…I am not posting this as to be a humorous-jovial post, just to state how loyal, good, generous and caring over me, my Richard was… He really was one of the best, I know I will never ever find another Richard, not that I will be looking…

Jackie…

Morning Jackie…just wanted to tell you that when I was reading your post, in the background the radio started playing ‘When a man loves a woman’ sung by Percy Sledge…‘She can do no wrong’. Know that your Richard loved you unconditionally and tuck his love deep into your heart, to stay with you eternally. Kind wishes, xx

Rainbow…
…reading your post made me smile it also started me off crying again, yes I can hear Richard saying that now…" she can do no wrong…" I know the song and the singer there was a time many years ago I would be dancing to that, have to admit, long before my Richard came into my life…
Yes my Richard did care for me, I know he did love me as I cared and loved him, just want to tell him now, how much…

Jackie…

Sorry for the tears…hoping there’s some lighter moments in your day, x