Overwhelming grief

Lost my son in June, He had a life limiting condition he was 16 . I had to care for him along with the help of my daughter she’s 21.I just feel so overwhelming bad and break down in public places. I just feel I have no purpose no routine just emptiness nothing seams to help

@Kirsty1 sending you big hugs, :heart:
Just take hr by hr then day by day, .you will feel so lost totally understand.
I lost my Mam recently my heart is broken, I was her full time carer aswell so feel so lost.
Life is so blumming hard isn’t it.
Be kind to yourself, sounds like you are a wonderful mum
X

1 Like

Hello Kirsty - so sorry to hear of your losing your boy. I lost my daughter in January, tragically. I can only say that for me the first 3 months or so after she died was overwhelming, indescribably painful and all I could manage was getting through hour day hour. It’s six months now and the pain has abated for some of the time but each day is up and down. Some days are better than they were. Coming on this website has definitely been a part of my learning I’m not alone. You will find support and care from people on here who have lost a child. I contacted Compassionate Friends who help people who have lost a son or daughter, they have helped me and are kind and caring and they have lost children too. I send you my hugs and respect. I hope you keep posting here and it helps a bit. Best thoughts to you and your daughter. Xxxx

1 Like

I am so sorry. My beautiful boy, Ollie, died on 2/8 aged 16. I was his mum and also his carer as he had special needs. I feel my whole life has lost it’s purpose and wonder if I will ever feel any different. My other son is 14 and an absolute rock,

1 Like

I’m sorry for you too Jo. I’m hoping we will feel better in time to come . Glad you have your son to help you my daughter does the same for me .

1 Like

Good morning Kirsty so sorry for your loss. It’s not easy to come on here to start with and pour your heart out but believe me the love and support on here is lovely I lost my youngest daughter Leah in Jan this year to breast and liver cancer she was 25 and my other daughter Katie 36 yrs ago which I have never been able to deal with properly it’s heartbreaking :broken_heart: and the feeling s your having are completely normal I break down in Tesco’s at work anywhere you can’t hold it back the emptiness and overwhelming feeling of despair you can’t control and you will feel that you can’t go on and there is no purpose to life I feel like it all the time but I have to go on with the daily things in life. Even though it’s a struggle but keep coming on here and talking to people it does help because we are all going through this grief and heartbreaking :broken_heart: emotions. I hope you manage to get a little bit of comfort talking to people on here love and hugs. Shellyanne XX

1 Like

Hi Jo sorry for your loss luv sending you lots of love and hugs it’s heartbreaking :broken_heart: but we all will support you in here the best we can XX :heavy_heart_exclamation: shellyanne

Thank you your words give me some comfort .x

We all will support each other. I’ve been on here a couple of weeks now and they are lovely we are all grieving the same that’s why it’s so comforting to chat to people who are having the same overwhelming emotions and feelings it really does help you might not think it at first but when you read their posts you straight away can relate to them. Love shellyanne XX :heavy_heart_exclamation: