Parents

Hi, I’m new here.

I lost my mum 2 years in may. We were extremely close. We ran a business together and were best friends. The loss of her really turned my world upside down and Iv struggled to cope since.
I thought I was just starting to get my head around living my life without her here and my dads health has taken a extreme turn. He’s been in hospital now for 3 weeks and long story short has been left with brain damage.
My mums death was extremely sudden and she had no health issues prior. I’m just really struggling with the thought I may be about to lose my dad too. I’m 30 years old and have gone from 2 lovely parents to this situation in 2 years.

Hi Joanna

I am so sorry to hear your dad is ill and the loss of your mum. You really are going through a terrible time.

I hope you find this forum useful to open up and get support. I started using it when my dad died then a few weeks later my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I lost her a year later, last May.

I have been on a very hard journey since but opening up on this site has helped. It helps to know you are not alone and that others understand.

Are you getting support from the hospital? My advice is to ask for as much support as possible. Counselling helps and you also find out who your real friends are. There are so many wonderfully kind people out there when you open up for help.

Ann xx