Partner did not know he had cancer

Hi all this is my first post
I lost my partner last November suddenly last November due to vomiting blood (haematemis) due to having lung cancer this happened when I was at work all I know he phoned the ambulance and died at home we were not aware he had lung cancer know we are aware that he was showing signs he had been to the gp on the Tuesday and passed away on the Friday we were together for 21 years my grief is getting worse it keeps going through my head how did die the fact the fact know one was with him I don’t know how much longer I can take this I am back at work Monday and dreading we also check in with each other and 12 and 4pm he was my world

Hi ldnw ,
So sorry to hear about your loss. It must be such a shock for you, especially not knowing he had cancer. Life is so very cruel.
I also lost my husband in November he had a cardiac arrest, went to work fine then he never came home again, we’re all devastated, life changes in a split second.
My thoughts are with you, keep posting on here, this site has some lovely people who are all going through the same painful feelings, we are all here to help each other.
Hope it was ok for you back at work…
Keep strong.
Steph x

Thanks for your reply sorry for your loss yes that shock that your life can change in a split second work was not to bad it was coming home without my Nigel who always had a cuppa waiting for me we were together 21 years and he was my world no children to focus on
Take care

It is the coming home is the worst thing, at least while you’re at work or out your mind is slightly focused on something else, although the painful lost feeling is always there.
It must be hard if it’s just you at home, have you got close family. I’ve got three daughters, two of them have moved out but my youngest daughter who’s 21 is still at home, I’m not too much on my own but still feel lonely without my husband.
Life is so unfair .
Look after yourself x

Hi, yes coming home to that empty house was the worst thing in my life until I got a cat. Yes, I know that must sound pathetic but she is always there waiting for me. Sorry she can’t make a cup of tea but believe me she makes such a difference to my lonely life. This bereavement thing can be horrible but we have to keep going and find the right answer for us, so this helped me, hope you can find something that helps you. Take care of yourself.
Blessings

1 Like

Hi Susie no pets are a great comfort I have three cats and would not be without them my Nigel was cat mad so that’s why I have three!
I have no children and the cats can tell I need them keep me going
Take care

1 Like