Partner in hospital

My partner David has been in hospital for the last 8 weeks with Kidney failure within that time he has been through so so much, he contracted sepsis then covid on top of that and many other things, his poor body is depleted, he had a seizure a few days ago and now I’ve been told we are approaching end of life care, I am absolutely broken he’s only 59

2 Likes

When my wife, Penny was in hospital, and the wheels started coming off like your partner, it really was the last time I could do anything for her and me. I wish I had done more, such as spending more time with her, holding her hand more, putting my arm around her more and telling her I loved her more. Then one day it was too late!!! I still regret this, so I have to forgive myself, which I’m doing, but it’s not easy.
I’m sure you are doing this already, but if possible do it more if possible
Good luck, be brave!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss it’s such an horrific time, he was sort of getting a little bit more stable and a discharge time was discussed but he then went on to have a seizure which took his speech, life is so so cruel his body has been through more than enough now :cry:

@Brucieboy161102
My heart absolutely aches for you at this very difficult time. I read your post with tears in my eyes and I cannot even begin to understand how you are coping. I lost my husband 4 months ago totally unexpected and suddenly. No signs of illness what’s so ever and it makes me realise that I should be grateful having read your sad post that he passed peacefully in his sleep and didn’t suffer. There really are no words to comfort you but I hope you have family/friends who are there for you. Thinking of you and David. x

1 Like

I am so sorry for your very sudden and unexpected loss there is never a good or right time for a loved one to leave us life is so very very cruel sometimes…
My heart breaks for David as at the moment he is un responsive I don’t think he knows I’m there but I told him everything I wanted him to hear and I pray to God he did hear me… Thankyou.

1 Like

@Brucieboy161102 Thank you. I am thinking of you. x

1 Like

I was told that the hearing is the last sense to go, so please keep talking to David.

G. X

1 Like

Hi B,
This is the most horrible time for watching your partner go through this. My wife Sue had ovarian cancer and was in hospital at the start of the year, she couldn’t keep food or water down as the cancer had spread to her bowel. She was on a drip most of the time. Over the coming months I had to watch her waste away slowly, I was give forlorn hope by the hospital team only to have it dashed days later. Eventually they told me she was at end of life, I was devastated I couldn’t stop crying, she was everything to me my whole life. I managed to have her home for one night and she passed away in arms the following morning July this year she had just reached 61 but looked years younger. I was so proud to have been her husband. Even now some weeks after her funeral I can’t sleep much and wake up crying. I’m so lonely it hurts. I really do feel and understand your pain and sadness as do all on this forum, you are not alone and it does help to share with others. My thoughts are with you, take care. Dave2

4 Likes