Peace

Can someone tell me when this empty feeling fades.lost my partber in nov some days i feel so empty miss him so much just want to be a
ABle to find peace in my life.i am blessed with my family and have my job but so long for R…

6 Likes

@Jan271, I’m so sorry for the loss of your partner. Thank you for reaching out.

Everyone’s grief journey is so different that there is no one answer. We have an article called, “How long does grief last?” which you might find helpful or comforting to read. It talks about some of the common sorts of feelings people may experience at different times; like emptiness.

Hopefully someone will be along to share their thoughts too, but I just wanted to share this with you as well.

Take good care - you are not alone.

Seaneen

I talk to myself loud at times. It would have been comforting to know if my Steve he travelled well wherever he is so that I can find peace. I have real pain when I think about him

1 Like

@Jan271
Sadly there is no pattern to grief and although we are on the same journey, none of us can give you that vision.

I will say, in case it helps, that for me ten and a half months later, I do get lighter days and days when I can live without tears for most of the time. I am always busy - too busy a lot of the time but it does help. It is trying to find the balance between distraction and time to reflect and grieve which I believe is important to find.
I use my determination to make my darling husband proud to push me to get jobs done which need my attention. I know in my heart that I have to look after what mattered to him to the best of my ability. Having said that, I was not capable of ANY of that at the beginning. Totally devastated and lost but my daughters needed me to function as soon as I could.
I have purpose in my life even if it is not the life I want. I do think we need to find new purpose. For many on here it is their beloved pets which provide that.

I send you love
Karen xxx.

3 Likes

Thankyou for your reply .i know time will help me find a new way of living .not the future i hoped for but i need to accept that

3 Likes

Yes, @Jan271 the sudden loss you experienced means it takes time to even accept the reality of it so don’t rush yourself. Each moment of each day can be different so only set yourself small expectations and do whatever feels right. There IS no right and wrong in grief so listen to your mind and body, rest when you can because grief is exhausting.
xxx

3 Likes