Physical pain

Is anyone else experiencing widespread pain? My GP keeps telling me that it’s part of grieving but it’s 5 months since I lost my husband and the pain isn’t getting any better. It pops up anywhere from from ankles to elbows, spine, chest, some days even my sight is affected. Then there’s the itching and cough that starts at night. It’s becoming a worry as I am on my own, I have tried to ignore it but it’s impossible so wondering if this is common or if I should pursue some tests through the GP

1 Like

Hello @Jen64. It’s always worth pursuing with your GP if you’re worried. He/she could be right though; it could be stress/anxiety. Anxiety can show itself in many ways. Try breathing through it. That may sound daft but honestly it can help. I listen to Stuart Sandeman and I’ve also got his book ‘Breathe In, Breathe Out’. It’s fascinating and helpful.

I too, was suffering symptoms, some of those you describe. Lightheadedness too and yes, it is worrying. My GP also diagnosed stress and I think she was right.

1 Like

I posted this on another thread but here it is again…

2 Likes

Dear @Crazy_Kate thank you for this. I feel like I am coping with my loss but maybe it’s just a guise and my body is telling me otherwise . I will give the link a go and see if it makes a difference

It’s been 10 months since my husband passed from a short 14 months battling cancer. I too had lots of pain mainly in my hips, after contacting the GP they said it was probably grief. I could have anti depressants which I don’t want, I felt let down as thought they put everything down to grief without asking about anything else. Ten months in and several GP sessions it has been discovered it’s the menopause not fabulous but at least I can have medication to help! And not anti depressants which can be addictive.
I think we know our bodies and we should always push for GP face to face sessions to explain everything and get what’s best for you. I wish you all the best and hope the pain subsides or you can get something to help :heart:

1 Like

Yes, I have had all sorts of physical pain, especially joints. Also what I call my “grief bubble” at the bottom of my back. Within a day of taking anxiety meds it was gone. The way grief affects our whole body and creates physical pain is something that is quite unbelievable to me.However, always good to have things checked out x

1 Like

@LoveForever @Sarah72 thank you both for sharing your physical pain. I contacted my GP surgery and told someone will get back to me within 2 days.
I wish you both well, this is one heck of a bumpy ride
Jen x