Physical symptoms of grief

Hi natmary I know it’s 3months yesterday 19th November.i cry every night I visit my Clive every day in the church yard I talk to him about my day and how the dogs have been and how much I miss him and love him if it wasn’t for my little lulu.mollie and bear my little dogs I don’t know what I would do.i go to work but I can’t wait to get back home.its like my safe place.big hugs

I want to join this chat but I do not want to bring negativity to it. My lovely Mum died almost three years ago and I am having a horrible grief-blip. If you have recently lost someone- do not read this and worry that you too will still be suffering from intense grief three years on. I call this a blip because some days I am so much better.
The thing is, when you have moments of grieving this far down the line you feel rather alone in your grief as nobody expects grief to last this long. I keep waking up a lot, feeling generally down and having many physical symptoms- like I am over thinking any ailment and presuming the worst. I think that triggers for this recurrence of intense grief were Mothering Sunday (and it was Mum’s Birthday recently too)
I have been painting a lot to try to distract myself and watching TV online. I think I need to have a big cry to release some of the built up tension.

I feel exactly the same since I lost my husband suddenly in February this year. I have no interest in going out, meeting friends enjoying life, I’m much happier staying in with my little dog and hiding away from the world, and yet I feel lonely it just doesn’t make sense.

Hi everyone,

The physical symptoms I have experienced are not being able to sleep, tension headaches, tiredness, lack of concentration, not being able to articulate my words. My ears have been really odd too, I keep hearing my pulse in them and some strange rumbling. I got a quinsy for the first time in my life two months after Dad died, then I got an awful sickness bug. I read that grief suppresses your immune system. Now I’ve got another sore throat :frowning:

Sending love to everyone xxx

Hi Daffodil

Yes the constant colds are awful. I went through a phase of getting one after another, recover and next day wake up with another sore throat. I get a lot of tension headaches too like you and my concentration is awful. Quinsy is a very nasty thing to get, very painful I have heard so hope you have recovered completely from that.

I went through a period of really sleeping very well but am back to square one again. The heat doesn’t help. I lie on top of the bed covers for a bit and then am cold, then hot again. I have knocked out the coffee before bed as wondered if that would help but not at all.

I would agree about dogs, they give a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I looked after one for a friend earlier in the year and it was lovely, the company and the (sometimes slightly smelly) cuddles at night. I am planning to get a couple of cats as when my Mum was ill the family cat was still alive. He used to sleep with me and his purring was very relaxing.

Mel

Hi all,
All this about physical symptoms of grief is good to know, thought I was going mad, colds, sore throat, neck ache etc I have gone back to work as I like being around people as it takes my mind off things, when I am alone I have a good cry and chat to my lovely kind mum who passed away in February, never felt pain like this xx

Sorry for your loss, Dolly