Poem to feel close to our loved ones

This poem is very comforting especially in these dark uncertain times.

I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying you found it hard to sleep.
I spoke to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It’s me, I haven’t left you, I’m well, I’m fine, I’m here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many things and memories of me.
I was with you at the shops today; your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I’m not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my hand on you; I smiled and said, "it’s me."
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It’s possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew…
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over… I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless, I’ll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I’ll rush across to greet you and we’ll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out…then come home to me.

Much love to you all.x

21 Likes

Beautiful.
Thank you.
xxxx

What a lovely poem @Jean2

This a lovely poem, thank you for sharing.

What a beautiful poem made me shed a few tears xx

Thank you for sharing that beautiful touching poem. :two_hearts:

Dear @Jean2,
I could feel the tears starting after reading only the first two lines, and I was a snivelling wreck by the time I reached the end! The words are everything I imagine my wife would be saying to me. I talk to her every night before bed (as well as during the day), and I tell her I hope she can see and hear everything I say and do, I ask God to come and take me every night to be back by her side, and that I long to be back beside her.

I have taken a photograph of your post using my 'phone so that I can carry it with me and read it again whenever I want or need to. Thank you so much for posting it, it is one of the most touching poems I have read for some time.

2 Likes

So beautiful. I lost the live of my life in November. This lovely poem brought me to tears. Thank you so much. The words really help me.

Is there a way I can save this to my mobile. It is so meaningful. I just love it. It brings such comfort

Thank you for posting this I have a picture of my partner on my lamp I say goodnight and good morning every day since he passed in November and those words were perfect.

Such a beautiful poem thank you for sharing it with us

Thank you for such a lovely poem.

Lovely poem

I lost my husband my soul mate nearly 4 1/2 yrs ago. I miss him so much, and more with each passing day.

I work hard at trying to live life while holding on to him in my heart everyday and night.

Thank you for such a beautiful poem I try to hold on to the message you wrote to comfort us all who have lost loved ones.

Thank you and everyone take care xx

Tks sooo much ,what a comfort that poem brought me ,really tks ,still cant get out of bed after almost 1 year next month ,I’m a shell,a bit not soo raw but still ,all the best t everyone ,x

@Soulmate i

If you haven’t done so already, you should be able to highlight the text you want, then cut, paste and save in a text editor on your phone

Thank you. Done

Soothing and apt words, beautiful.

Some losses are minor…obstacles that you overcome within days sometimes hours…other losses are like walls…some are scalable…others utterly insurmountable…The prison of grief is real and is a wall many never…me included ever seem able to fully pass…but in my grief I’ve found one thing truely worse…and that’s regret. For all that is holy say today to those you love what you feel…today is given… tomorrow is not.

1 Like

A lovely poem with heart felt words and emotion and gives us inspiration and hope
Maureen