Pregnant and grieving

My mum passed away in March and I’ve just found out I’m pregnant. We had hoped to have another baby but not this soon after losing mum. I don’t know if it’s grief or hormones, but I’m feeling extremely down and anxious. I worry I’ve made a huge mistake and that my mental wellbeing is going to affect the baby’s development. Has anyone else been in this position and come out the other side ok?

4 Likes

Hello @Laurzo ,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum. It sounds as though things are really confusing for you at the moment and you are experiencing so many emotions and feeling anxious about the future, these feeling along with pregnancy hormones must be so difficult for you.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

You may also want to make an appointment to discuss how you are feeling with your GP or midwife, this may help to ease some of your apprehension and anxiety.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

1 Like

Congratulations,
I think mum has sent this " little surprise" to you.

G. X

1 Like