Purpose?

Life for me has spiralled in the last few years, I’ve been silently grieving and becoming more and more depressed. I push my partner away constantly and he feels like I no longer listen to him or think about what I say/do beforehand. If I’m honest this isn’t on purpose, I just feel so very empty and low. I want to be more grateful and happy for the things I have but everything feels so pointless. I have so much love to give but feel like I just can’t love myself. I feel guilty when om happy or enjoying life, because my loved one isn’t here anymore and how on earth can I enjoy life whilst knowing they are gone? I’m struggling to see the purpose in all of this now.

3 Likes

Hello @C0C0,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are feeling low.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex