Questions

Unlike many I read about on here my partners passing wasn’t sudden she suffered terribly for a year with cancer treatment only to be told that there was nothing else that could be done and died three weeks later. At the beginning of this last three weeks she was quite lucid ,normal run of the mill conversation. Nearer what turned out to be the end our conversation got very sparse with little said , the last thing she said to me was that she loved me then she slipped into sleep and didn’t wake up again. That left me with loads of questions that continue to come to mind. Some totally insignificant and others perhaps more important. Questions now that I might ,and she might ,have asked if we’d known how little time was left. Perhaps a minor thing but what with everything else it eats at me.

3 Likes

@peterj
I too was plaqued with questions that could not be answered as the only person who had the answers was gone.
I had to just let it go as I was just torturing myself and what was the point of that.
I am at ease now. I will never know.

5 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry for your loss. I too have lots of things that I wish I knew or questions that I’ll never get an answer to because it was so sudden.
You got an I love you before she slipped away, if I was you I would take so much comfort and peace from that :heart:

2 Likes

@peterj
So sorry for your loss. You have had a year of having all the worry of your wife’s cancer diagnosis and dealing with that and supporting your wife so it’s hardly surprising that you barely had time to do anything or think anything other than focus on her care.
Your wife towards the end of her life would barely have any energy left even for conversation but saved the most important words for you and the answer to all your questions are in those words “I love you” nothing else matters, let those words comfort you because that’s why she saved them until the end, that’s all you need to know and she went knowing that she was loved. Sometimes there is beauty in silence

4 Likes