Ramblings

I’ve just been listening to a podcast of Ramblings which is a radio programme on BBC. Claire Balding walks with a different person each week.
Unfortunately I don’t know how to post a link but I implore you to give it a listen.
The easiest way to find it is via Google but I listened as a podcast on the BBC Sounds App. The walk is in York and Claire companion is recently bereaved. Claire describes it as thought provoking and moving. It will certainly resonate with all here.
It’s Series 38 and it is York.
If anyone can work out how to post a link please do.
I have listened to several episodes that are linked to bereavement and Grief but couldn’t tell you how to find them as there are so many episodes available.

I’ve just listened to this and of course can relate to all that was said. Like the lady, I haven’t experienced anger over my loss, just profound sadness. Sadness that our future together was snatched away, our plans, but most of all sadness that my husband never truly had the experience of a long and fulfilling retirement which he had so been looking forward to. Thanks once again YorkshireLad. Xx

I haven’t been angry but I have been, and continue to be, sad. Its difficult to find anyone that I should be angry with. I hope I never did anything that made anybody really angry but I probably have done without knowing it.
I’ve been walking quite a lot over the past few weeks. I like to be outside in all weather’s. I feel so much more alive. I’ve done several walks which were favourites of my wife although I’ve often added a bit more as she was more comfortable with shorter distances. Most of the miles on my clock were done alone so I suppose I must feel comfortable like that.
There is a massive back catalogue for the Ramblings programme and like a lot of Radio 4 I find I can get hooked very easily. It’s been going a long time and it’s a well tried formula. I’ve actually visited places just because they were featured. One of my favourites was on the Nidderdale Way with Frances Atkins, when she was proprietor of the Yorke Arms in Ramsgill.
There have been so many good ones I think I may be addicted. I’m grateful I retired at 52.My brother in law was due to retire and he suffered a devastating stroke just a few weeks before. Things have worked out very differently for him. I feel really sorry for his wife. She had tried to get him away from work for so long and her health deteriorated as she waited.
They both thought I was a bit strange retiring so early.