Reading old emails, a comfort

Today I logged into my Mum’s old email account that she hadn’t used for years and I read her “sent” emails to me from over ten years ago. Oh my goodness, the comfort they brought, it was like having her here, talking to me.

I’m going to pluck up the courage to do the same with her current email account, there will be a lot more of them in there.

Has anyone else found this to be a comfort? I have to admit I did cry after I’d read them but at the time when I read them, I felt like she was here with me.

Hi
I find comfort reading all the text conversations between my mum and myself and now I also log onto her Facebook account and press the memories button to see what she had posted on that day over the years. Yesterday was so nice because she had posted a lovely thing 2 years ago about daughters.
It said “a relationship between a mother and a daughter is like no other. No matter what the struggles, it’s a soul connection that carries you through a lifetime of smiles and tears” It made me cry, but I also felt connected to her again and it’s just what I needed to read. I’m so glad you have that connection with your mums emails x

1 Like