Realisations

My mum has been gone for 2 months, it has been the hardest 2 months of my life. when I lost my grandma at 13 it took me around 3-4 months to realise that she was actually gone, but I am having these realisations about my mum now, I was talking to my friend the other day and she mentioned her cousins wedding and it suddenly dawned on me that my mum is never going to see me married, she’s not going to be there, she not going to be there when I have kids, nothing that she wanted to see me do. I just burst into tears when I realised. I’m trying so hard to keep going and to look after myself but I dont know how, I dont know how to do anything without her. to remove myself from my current living situation and get my own place I am having to find a job, I had an interview the other day and as soon as it was done I instantly went to call her.
I keep having flash backs of the night it happened and I cant cope. I just want her back and i want to go home :frowning:

1 Like

Dear Charlie, I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum, what you are feeling is absolutely normal, your world has been turned upside down, do you have any family close by to support you ? It’s awful losing your Mum whatever age you are, they were the person who loved you forever whatever you said or did, all I can say is you will get through this, take a day at a time, you might feel that speaking to somebody would help, Sue Ryder has a counselling service, which is done over the phone at the moment, sending love and hugs Jude xx

Hi Charlie,

Exactly the same as me . My mum died on the 23rd November and I am still suffering so badly as she had a very painful death. Please ring your gp. And also contact CRUSE for some bereavement counselling.
We’re you with your mum when she passed away? You could also have post traumatic stress disorder.

Hi Jude, all my family live in London or Ireland and im in South Wales. I have started the online sessions with Sue Ryder. im just in a really bad situation, i lost the house and alot of my possessions and so i am living with my mums friend at the moment but its not a good situation and the local council arent helping very much.
thank you for the support xx

1 Like

Hi, im sorry for your loss! i have spoken to my gp and they have referred me to primary mental health but the waiting list is very long. i am receiving bereavement counselling from Sue Ryder at the moment, i have had one session so i am hoping that it will start helping.
i wasn’t unfortunately, i had only popped out for 45 minutes and when i came back she was gone.

i think i may have PTSD from the whole situation though.