Recent Loss of my Mum

I lost my mum to a sudden medical emergency just over a month ago. I’ve just started university and have been so overwhelmed with organising her funeral and clearing out our house completely that I have barely had any time to process the loss, and I don’t even know how I would begin to do this. I feel like I’ve been thrust into adulthood without a safety net and without the support of someone who I thought would always be there. She was excited to celebrate her 60th year of life and was working on improving her health, physical and mental. She was excited to see her plants bloom in the spring, but now I’m the only one who gets to see them. Its all so unfathomably unfair, and I don’t understand how I’m ever going to find peace or be the same person again.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about losing your mum it is so hard losing a parent. I’m not going to say it gets easier you just learn to get through each day a day at a time. My dad had planters done a a local nursery and never got the chance to see them bloom but I get comfort from seeing the flowers blossom. Be kind to yourself sending love and strength xx