Recent Loss

I have lost my partner recently to Cancer, this year has been a difficult year and how do you begin to cope? I have taken on a volunteering role which I am en joying. This Saturday I was struck down with the Covid and feel basically wiped out on top of the grief. Its been a very tough year, as my Mum has been very poorly also. I really want to keep strong though. I am hoping that it will get easier talking about him moving forward. He was a truly amazing guy and will be missed by a lot of people.

5 Likes

Hello @Eddy71,

I’m so sorry to hear about your partner. It sounds like he was an amazing guy - thank you for sharing a bit about him with us.

I can see that you are new here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Please do keep reaching out - you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. He was a very special man and will be greatly missed by many. I am hoping it will get better, people keep telling me that it will. I had been experiencing anticipatory grief before, when they told us he had terminal cancer. It has been such a year really.

3 Likes