Recently Bereaved

Recently lost my husband to covid he was only 66 i’m finding it so hard to cope with this grief it hurts so much i’m up most of the night as i can’t sleep i keep expecting him to walk through the door i find the nights are the worse time

So sorry for you loss I lost my husband two weeks ago and hopefully things do get easier for us all

1 Like

Hi Maureen
I lost my husband in November and it does get easier I promise. Having said that I’ve had a week of real tearfulness and missing his hands and hugs…sounds daft but he always held my hand when I needed it and a bear hug when things worried me. Here for you x

1 Like

#maureen99

So sorry for the one of your beloved husband. I understand the pain you are going through I lost my partner on 03/02 on a ventilator with covid.
I am nearly 8 weeks on I am not shaking or physically sick anymore but the pain in my chest and the washing machine feeling is still in my stomach.
The advice I took on here was just get through one day at a time at the beginning I could only get through an hour at a time.
I also contacted my GP as I did not sleep for 10 days.
This forum has been a great help we have all lost loved ones and we support each other so keep posting and reading,

Grief is the worst pain ever. The loneliness and empty feeling is unbearable for me,

:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hi maureen, I’m.so sorry for your loss, I feel your pain I too lost my husband to covid 6 weeks ago. He was a healthy happy 40 year old! Way too young. We have two children aged 8 and 11 I’m heartbroken that they now have to grow up without their dad. :disappointed_relieved: covid is a cruel horrible thing. I like yourself still wait for the sound of his car or the key in the door at night, it’s so painful isn’t it? There are days I think I’m not going to make it, but i have to for my boys. I miss him so much, I’ve never known pain and sadness like it.
Sending you love, hugs and strength
Sarah xx

2 Likes

Oh my goodness I feel your pain our children are adults I can’t bear the thought of your young children. Covid is cruel and has hurt so many of us.
I do hope you have support around you please take one day at a time and contact your GP for help. This forum has helped me so please keep reading and posting,

You have my heart felt love,

:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Quarterman,
Thankyou so much. I’m so sorry for your loss too. My husband also died on the 03/02.:broken_heart: my two boys have been fantastic, they’ve kept me going. They miss him incredibly especially at the weekends when they would always spend time together while I worked. Today my oldest has found it very tough.

Love and hugs to you xx

2 Likes

Thank you all for your comforting messages it’s so hard i lost my husband on the 18th February then also lost my mum on the 6th march only just had funeral for husband on the 15th march and got mum’s on the 25th march i feel so lost have i have lost the two most important people in my life its my children and grandchildren thats keeping me going at the moment don’t know what I would do without them to be honest i can’t even face going out of the house god bless you all who’s going through the same heartache i know how hard it is xx

1 Like

Hi im new just joined and im so sorry for your loss, my husband of 24yrs passed away unexpectedly on the 11-07-21