Recently Lost Friend

Hello, my boyfriend and I recently lost a friend yesterday. I was looking around on the internet to see how best to support him during this time. Our friend was much closer to him. I’m devastated at the loss but I want to be able to give him the tools needed. I don’t know if men typically grieve differently than women. I know everyone is different but if I could get some advice, especially from men who have been through this, I can hopefully help my love adjust to our new normal. Anything is helpful, im slowly processing what has happened still.

Hello @Squish,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you and your boyfriend are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

1 Like