Recently lost my 7 year old son

How to people manage to go on after a loss like this? Maybe some people are stronger than me but I don’t even want to. Wish I’d died with him.

1 Like

Rr so tragic, I can’t imagine the pain of your loss. I Hope you have loving people around you.

I do, and he wasn’t an only child. People are trying to help but I don’t even want help…it won’t bring him back and that’s the only thing I want

1 Like

I here you, it won’t. Are you able to access some face to face one to one support? Confusing and painful for you and your family. I am glad you have love around you . Without taking anything away from you, I kind of resented having loved ones because I didn’t want to be here, I’m so glad that I did have them and they needed me and kept me here . Hope I’m not saying the wrong things. My thoughts are with you

No your not. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Yeah they are helping but I just want to be left alone.
I’ve spoken to gp today but what’s the point I’m never going to be happy without my baby

Hi Sarah,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. It sounds as though things are incredibly tough for you right now and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• Samaritans (https://www.samaritans.org/) are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
    • Shout (https://giveusashout.org/) are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
    • If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Sarah, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Michelle

Your welcome. Sounds like you need some space for you. Hard work being a parent more so a mum, even in difficult times, people want you. For me counselling was place I could say what I wanted to say, cry, swear, shout or say absolutely nothing . It was a safe place we’re I wouldn’t upset partner or children and not be judged in any way. Rather than bottling it up or have outbursts . Not saying you would do that. Please give it a go