Recently lost my big brother

Hi nick, sorry for the late reply, yeh its been 5 months now, and to be honest with you i feel worse now. I think its because everything has slowed down in regards to sorting things out and my brothers business. So now i have that time to actually take it what has happened. Aww im glad you go to a social club i bet that helps you alot. Are you moved into your brothers house now?.
The reason why i spread my brothers ashes so soon is because i did have that difficult talk with him about incase anything happened. And he wanted to be in his favourite place which was scotland so i didnt think it would of been right of me to keep him at home.
Take care x

1 Like

Hi, im sorry you lost your brother too.
My brother died with his dog my dog too as we shared him he had an accident on glencoe mountain. Most difficult thing ive ever been through and will ever go through… to be searching for him for days and then to find out he had died. My life hasnt been the same since. I also forget that he has passed too. And then reality sets in. Yeh you dont get many siblings that are close. Im glad i had that close bond with him. I just wish i had longer. He was only 33 and im 30. I signed up to the text messages and they help.
Take care x

1 Like

How traumatic for you having trauma and shock on top of a death is an awful thing to go through i hsd rhe police to .my door to tell me my brother had had a heart attack at the wheel of his car on his way home he was on his road it’s still unbelievable even tho you know it’s happened it’s doesn’t register sometimes it feels like he’s on holiday even tho i know he isn’t it’s all so strange…glad the texts are helpimg x

Yeh was such an horrible experience, just seeing all the mountain rescue teams/RAF/police/helicopter/volunteers. It all happening around you and all for my brother, i cant thank them enough for finding him as there is people that have never been found so i am thankful we was able to bring him home. Aww god i am so sorry!, what a shock that is for you and your family. Yeh thats how i think too, awful isnt it. Do you get the text messages ? X

It is just like you know its happened but your on an outside world…we have to take small comforts from anything we can and cherish the fact that we had such a good relationship with them which they say it hurts so bad thats the price we pay for loving them so much xxxi haven’t but will look into getting them …anything that helps is always worth a try…have you had any counselling at all xxx

Yeh absolutely, its also like how is he not here anymore, you’re in some sort of disbelief, but accidents happen and they always take the best. I’d definitely recommend the text messages. And no i dont but i do think i need to look into that. Do you? X

Oh they definitely do and your brother sounds special like mine x i still go to message him or think oh my brother would like that and then it hits you again x i tried to get counselling but there is a 9 to 12 month waiting list so trying to do self help and finding grouos like this helps but there doesn’t seem to be much out there xx

1 Like

He was the very best, yeh i still have his mobile on my handsfree in the car and everytime i go to ring him and then i remember i cant. Oh i didn’t know it was that long of a waiting list. Yeh these groups help, because people understand what youre going through x

1 Like